Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
BLM Is a gift to the real racists and the premier league have screwed up big time promoting an undisciplined anarchist organisation that wants to destroy capitalism. It also gives the right wing licence to say black lives matter more than white lives. Not true of course but that does not matter. What matters is the emotion and this nonsense has put race relations back 40 years.

The whole western world has done that, not only the EPL, and only white supremacists can be against this movement as they think, black people are getting too much attention, pathetic

I would hardly call Gary Lineker and the BBC white supremacists. Joshua Virasami leader of the UK BLM stated capitalism was terrorism, the police represent state terrorism and should be defunded and climate change was racist. Is that what you believe Vish ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
BLM Is a gift to the real racists and the premier league have screwed up big time promoting an undisciplined anarchist organisation that wants to destroy capitalism. It also gives the right wing licence to say black lives matter more than white lives. Not true of course but that does not matter. What matters is the emotion and this nonsense has put race relations back 40 years.

The whole western world has done that, not only the EPL, and only white supremacists can be against this movement as they think, black people are getting too much attention, pathetic

I would hardly call Gary Lineker and the BBC white supremacists. Joshua Virasami leader of the UK BLM stated capitalism was terrorism, the police represent state terrorism and should be defunded and climate change was racist. Is that what you believe Vish ?

Not talking about the organisation but the movement

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So you don't believe in BLM then? We are all against racism but this is about political power and sheer violence and anarchy and its setting back race relations 40 years, especially in the US. Setting races against one another wont achieve race harmony it will do the very opposite. Its a gift to the far right in Britain and in America god knows what will happen I was reading white people stopped at gunpoint in their cars with blacks asking for reparations e.g give us your money or valuables or we will shoot you. I know of cases in the UK where young white children made to apologise in class to black children and coming home in tears asking their parents what they had done wrong. The parents quite rightly were furious. All this is doing is creating fear and resentment and it wont end well.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
So you don't believe in BLM then? We are all against racism but this is about political power and sheer violence and anarchy and its setting back race relations 40 years, especially in the US. Setting races against one another wont achieve race harmony it will do the very opposite. Its a gift to the far right in Britain and in America god knows what will happen I was reading white people stopped at gunpoint in their cars with blacks asking for reparations e.g give us your money or valuables or we will shoot you. I know of cases in the UK where young white children made to apologise in class to black children and coming home in tears asking their parents what they had done wrong. The parents quite rightly were furious. All this is doing is creating fear and resentment and it wont end well.

I agree, for me BLM is now different to dealing with racism, BLM has been hijacked and is now anarchist politics rather than about stopping racism/murders.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Funny thing is, I’m sure as hell that none of you actually know what anarchism, in terms of it’s political ideology actually means. It’s a common buzz word which has been steeped in negative connotation after negative connotation in the media. I’d you actually did a little research into what the real political ideology of anarchism is there are plenty of things that both left and right wing people would probably agree with. But hey, ain’t no one got time to educate themselves I suppose. As for BLM. There are two distinct aspects here which are very understandably being conflated. One, is the BLM organisation which touts far left, anti-capitalist ideals and Two, is the BLM movement, which is a very very simple notion exacerbated by the death of George Floyd in the U.S. and the continued racial prejudice that persists within western society. It is unfortunate that these things are in some senses amalgamated, but I believe there is enough difference to make a distinction between the two. What we see most prominent athletes, public figures and indeed the premier league supporting is I believe the latter aspect to this. Which, I believe, any reasonable individual or organisation should. It’s not about ‘wokeness’ gone mad. It’s about wanting a better world and a better society in which to live.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

For me all those in the movement are protesting against the way black people are treated compared to white by the police, I dont know what else I need to believe in.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

For me all those in the movement are protesting against the way black people are treated compared to white by the police, I dont know what else I need to believe in.

How about believing in the rule of law ? I can only speak for the UK the biggest danger to blacks by far is other blacks particularly in London and particularly knife crime. Defund the police as the thugs want and more people will die many blacks however why you are so obsessed with skin colour god knows surely a life is a life

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

How about believing in the rule of law ? I can only speak for the UK the biggest danger to blacks by far is other blacks particularly in London and particularly knife crime. Defund the police as the thugs want and more people will die many blacks however why you are so obsessed with skin colour god knows surely a life is a life

What the US police did to George Floyd is rule of law you want to believe in?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The officers arresting George ffoyd broke the law no one is denying that what I am struggling to understand is how is that the green light for world wide looting and breaking the law? Unless it's an excuse for criminality. In the uk yesterday on the main news was an Olympic athelete saying she had been racially abused by the police. It turns out she was driving dangerously on the wrong side of the road, refusing to stop with a car with blacked out windows. When the police drew batons and surrounded the car she started screaming and filming the police and accusing them of racism. God knows how she can claim that with blacked out windows. Maybe she should have put a sign up saying I am black so the police can withdraw and she can hit another car head on and kill the people within.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yes a life is a life. But can we stop using the term blacks? It sounds very derogatory. We should maybe use the term black people. I would hate to be described as one of the "whites".

We are all people. A life is a life irrespective of what skin colour is on the outside of that life.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion