Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Ruben Neves. Solid midfielder, he should not be playing at Wolves.

Midfield is where we have the highest number of players, so not s priority for me. Defence (central and left) and attack is where we are only just.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Pickles
There's a tendency to take their foot off the accelerator pedal for most teams when they are confirmed title winners. The over exuberance / pressure taken off, of watching the clips of players and staff when having the title confirmed with Chelsea beating City and then seeing the partying in Formby Hall probably jaded / blunted the teams appetite for last night's game v City. Hopefully it's a one off, however it was worrying to watch us collapse like that very much like our Watford defeat.

If Klopp has learned anything (we've been told he studied Shankly's and Paisley's history at the club) is that we should never rest on our laurels. Shankly and Paisley drilled into their players each season of not being complacent. They kept their teams on their toes with at least one or two new players coming into the club each season to increase competition for places.

On paper our starting team last night was our strongest, the fact they collapsed against our current biggest rival should be a warning for Klopp and the club. Not doing any business in this transfer window and allowing players to leave would be a huge mistake. ChiComm Virus or no ChiComm virus the club has to find the money to increase the quality in areas of the team needed.

I now think Koulibaly is a MUST for us and a creator who can unlock defences from a central position. Our biggest weapons come from down the lines / out wide and we are becoming obvious. I am now relenting on previous thinking about Coutinho, yes he was a c#nt for wanting to leave us to play for Barcelona and I have enjoyed the fact it didn't work out for him there...call it karma. However if he's available even on loan then I think we've got to entertain the notion of bringing him back. He's South American they all want to either play for Barcelona or Real Madrid because at an early age that's all they hear about or see in their Countries of making it and playing for one of the Big 2.

Bringing Phil back, he'd have a point to prove and he'd be hungry for the recent success he missed with us. Failing getting Phil, somebody like Demebele initially on loan would be a smart move. That boy has bundles of talent but a questionable temperament which I think Klopp could cure. Havertz would be a great acquisition but the money involved would be impossible for us if we acquire Koulibaly.

The greatest travesty for Klopp would be to sit with his thumbs us his ar..se in this transfer window...he got his warning last night.

For anything to happen he should have the balls to confront FSG, he is well placed to do that but last time King Kenny tried, he was sacked, cant see this happening to Klopp though. We won 3 out of our 9 last games, none away, so either we peaked or we are tired, though it shouldn't be the latter after the break and lockdown. I think/hope we learn more until the end of the season and we have some money available. For some reasons City was quite inconsistent this season, cant see it happening. We have missed quite some opportunities to strengthen like Werner, Fernandes, before that Pulicic as well.

The result/performance last night was probably the best thing that could happen to us, FSG and Klopp cannot just say everything is fine for next season, no changes required, the plan being widely broadcast by the media earlier in the season was that we were going to re-inforce in the summer and invest in a few good players, that has all fallen away with the pandemic, hopefully they will take a new look now.

I think we need a quality forward who can cover the front 3 without a significant drop in quality/threat (i'd like Havertz) and a decent CB who can replace Lovren when he leaves - (I'd Like Nathan AKe). You are probably talking around £150 million for both (were before pandemic anyways), but that would set us up nicely for next season with a decent squad with the young players coming through like Jones/Brewster/Wilson/Grujic.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Pickles
There's a tendency to take their foot off the accelerator pedal for most teams when they are confirmed title winners. The over exuberance / pressure taken off, of watching the clips of players and staff when having the title confirmed with Chelsea beating City and then seeing the partying in Formby Hall probably jaded / blunted the teams appetite for last night's game v City. Hopefully it's a one off, however it was worrying to watch us collapse like that very much like our Watford defeat.

If Klopp has learned anything (we've been told he studied Shankly's and Paisley's history at the club) is that we should never rest on our laurels. Shankly and Paisley drilled into their players each season of not being complacent. They kept their teams on their toes with at least one or two new players coming into the club each season to increase competition for places.

On paper our starting team last night was our strongest, the fact they collapsed against our current biggest rival should be a warning for Klopp and the club. Not doing any business in this transfer window and allowing players to leave would be a huge mistake. ChiComm Virus or no ChiComm virus the club has to find the money to increase the quality in areas of the team needed.

I now think Koulibaly is a MUST for us and a creator who can unlock defences from a central position. Our biggest weapons come from down the lines / out wide and we are becoming obvious. I am now relenting on previous thinking about Coutinho, yes he was a c#nt for wanting to leave us to play for Barcelona and I have enjoyed the fact it didn't work out for him there...call it karma. However if he's available even on loan then I think we've got to entertain the notion of bringing him back. He's South American they all want to either play for Barcelona or Real Madrid because at an early age that's all they hear about or see in their Countries of making it and playing for one of the Big 2.

Bringing Phil back, he'd have a point to prove and he'd be hungry for the recent success he missed with us. Failing getting Phil, somebody like Demebele initially on loan would be a smart move. That boy has bundles of talent but a questionable temperament which I think Klopp could cure. Havertz would be a great acquisition but the money involved would be impossible for us if we acquire Koulibaly.

The greatest travesty for Klopp would be to sit with his thumbs us his ar..se in this transfer window...he got his warning last night.

For anything to happen he should have the balls to confront FSG, he is well placed to do that but last time King Kenny tried, he was sacked, cant see this happening to Klopp though. We won 3 out of our 9 last games, none away, so either we peaked or we are tired, though it shouldn't be the latter after the break and lockdown. I think/hope we learn more until the end of the season and we have some money available. For some reasons City was quite inconsistent this season, cant see it happening. We have missed quite some opportunities to strengthen like Werner, Fernandes, before that Pulicic as well.

The result/performance last night was probably the best thing that could happen to us, FSG and Klopp cannot just say everything is fine for next season, no changes required, the plan being widely broadcast by the media earlier in the season was that we were going to re-inforce in the summer and invest in a few good players, that has all fallen away with the pandemic, hopefully they will take a new look now.

I think we need a quality forward who can cover the front 3 without a significant drop in quality/threat (i'd like Havertz) and a decent CB who can replace Lovren when he leaves - (I'd Like Nathan AKe). You are probably talking around £150 million for both (were before pandemic anyways), but that would set us up nicely for next season with a decent squad with the young players coming through like Jones/Brewster/Wilson/Grujic.

Only if there is a reaction from FSG, to be honest I dont expect one. Tom Werner's message after we won the league was revealing, he said he didnt expect that and the objective was to qualify for CL regularly, this is the situation for maximum returns as we all know. I even think that they pulled the Timo Werner plug when they were unsure they will be able to sell Salah or Mane at a huge premium because of the pandemic situation

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 03/07/20 12:43 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Only if there is a reaction from FSG, to be honest I dont expect one. Tom Werner's message after we won the league was revealing, he said he didnt expect that and the objective was to qualify for CL regularly, this is the situation for maximum returns as we all know. I even think that they pulled the Timo Werner plug when they were unsure they will be able to sell Salah or Mane at a huge premium because of the pandemic situation

Let's see, I am hoping it forces a reaction from FSG and Klopp, we have not been in a stronger position on the pitch for 30 years, so we need to use this to strengthen and maintain our strength, we are not talking huge amounts of signings or rebuilding, just a few tweaks to strengthen where we all know we are vulnerable and have rode our luck the last few seasons.

I am concerned that FSG will not sanction any moves while the pandemic is affecting football/business, which could leave us short for next season, but you never know, signings like Fabinho & Alisson came out the blue, saying they are not making big signings is sensible, as that keeps prices down. I still expect us to make 1 or 2 major signings (£40 million sort of price), maybe I am just being hopeful that Michael Edwards will be low balling everyone as we speak !

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Ashley Williams perhaps? He was always linked with us. Maybe he could do a good job alongside VVD.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
If we aren't making a big money signing (£50+ million range), I think Sarr from Watford could be a good move, we saw what he can do against us, very fast and can finish, probably wouldn't cost a fortune (below £40 milllion) and would be happy to come off the bench and not demand to replace the front 3, he's only 22, so I think Klopp and his team could really improve him as he has the raw ability.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If we aren't making a big money signing (£50+ million range), I think Sarr from Watford could be a good move, we saw what he can do against us, very fast and can finish, probably wouldn't cost a fortune (below £40 milllion) and would be happy to come off the bench and not demand to replace the front 3, he's only 22, so I think Klopp and his team could really improve him as he has the raw ability.

Agree, though I wouldn't like another African player.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We are heavily being linked to Thiago Alcantara, do we need another midfielder, especially defensive, I have my doubts unless the plan is to play Fabinho as CB and let go Lovren. At 29, dont think we'll buy for the future, so he should be first team. That said, I think these are only rumours, cant see why we would spend that kind of money in that area, we have other priorities

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
Thiago is a central mf, AM type of player.
have never seen him play as a DM
but priorities would be CB and LB.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
Thiago is a central mf, AM type of player.
have never seen him play as a DM
but priorities would be CB and LB.

I understood he was more a defensive than attacking midfielder, but dont remember seeing him play. A CB/LB is definitely a priority together with a CF, Origi is just not good enough

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion