Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#634229 05/07/20 04:12 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
For those who were saying that sponsorship money would drop...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...ion-shirts.html

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
That shows why Liverpool went with Nike, NB just could not scale up production/distribution to meet Liverpool demand, this seasons shirt will be iconic due to what we have won, seems silly NB are not going to make more.

At least when we sell more shirts in the future we will get a decent cut on the revenue per shirt/kit with Nike.

The point with the income is allot is still unknown, it is still unknown when fans will be back in stadiums, the impact on TV deals is unknown, this year is exceptional for us as we won the PL, so that was always going to drive shirt sales as a one off above our normal sales.

Hopefully with the extra income, FSG can be abit more bullish in the transfer market, as that will help makeup the loss from match day revenue.

ecnirp98 #634232 05/07/20 11:37 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
That shows why Liverpool went with Nike, NB just could not scale up production/distribution to meet Liverpool demand, this seasons shirt will be iconic due to what we have won, seems silly NB are not going to make more.

At least when we sell more shirts in the future we will get a decent cut on the revenue per shirt/kit with Nike.

The point with the income is allot is still unknown, it is still unknown when fans will be back in stadiums, the impact on TV deals is unknown, this year is exceptional for us as we won the PL, so that was always going to drive shirt sales as a one off above our normal sales.

Hopefully with the extra income, FSG can be abit more bullish in the transfer market, as that will help makeup the loss from match day revenue.

What do you mean tv deal is unknown, this is well known unless there is no football at all, but this is unlikely. The only unknown is the gate revenues ans the club to be hammered the most is United, we will be forth after Arsenal and Spurs. On shirt sale, we should get close to United. NB dont want to play the game most probably unless maybe the club underwrites all additional production, they dont want to take the risk of producing shirts that might stay unsold and probably not in a mood to help the club after what happened.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

What do you mean tv deal is unknown, this is well known unless there is no football at all, but this is unlikely. The only unknown is the gate revenues ans the club to be hammered the most is United, we will be forth after Arsenal and Spurs. On shirt sale, we should get close to United. NB dont want to play the game most probably unless maybe the club underwrites all additional production, they dont want to take the risk of producing shirts that might stay unsold and probably not in a mood to help the club after what happened.

There was talk of money being paid back to the TV companies as the PL games were not being delivered as expect, no fans and different scheduling, there is also the chance of games being cancelled if there is another spike/localised outbreaks etc, so still lots of unknowns:

https://theathletic.com/1687633/2020/03/19/premier-league-clubs-cost-762m-fail-to-finish-season/

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-rebate-coronavirus

I get the NB not wanting to work with us/help us, but they are also going to lose sales that would make them allot of money, I am use sure some sort of underwriting deal could be done, I presume NB have the marketing deal for the 2019/20 shirts for years to come, this will be an iconic shirt for the fans as we won our first PL title wearing it.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 05/07/20 12:29 PM.
ecnirp98 #634234 05/07/20 12:46 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

There was talk of money being paid back to the TV companies as the PL games were not being delivered as expect, no fans and different scheduling, there is also the chance of games being cancelled if there is another spike/localised outbreaks etc, so still lots of unknowns:

https://theathletic.com/1687633/2020/03/19/premier-league-clubs-cost-762m-fail-to-finish-season/

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-rebate-coronavirus

I get the NB not wanting to work with us/help us, but they are also going to lose sales that would make them allot of money, I am use sure some sort of underwriting deal could be done, I presume NB have the marketing deal for the 2019/20 shirts for years to come, this will be an iconic shirt for the fans as we won our first PL title wearing it.

No rebates have been agreed, it could/would have been if the games didnt re-start

https://nairametrics.com/2020/03/20/covid-19-epl-clubs-to-be-fined-37-million-each-if/

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I still have my Torres shirt years left in it yet and I won't be replacing. Torres has not been picked for the team lately much to my disappointment

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

No rebates have been agreed, it could/would have been if the games didnt re-start

https://nairametrics.com/2020/03/20/covid-19-epl-clubs-to-be-fined-37-million-each-if/

Somethings have changed since March when your link was published. Doesn’t support your argument so no surprise you didn’t look that hard.

wilkij1975 #634240 05/07/20 06:55 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Somethings have changed since March when your link was published. Doesn’t support your argument so no surprise you didn’t look that hard.

It says 21/22, so not even next season. By the way the tv rights are going up next season, so if anything it will stay more or less the same in 21/22, or are you saying your mates FSG are not buying players because tv money will go down in the season after next, so no purchases in the next 2 seasons? Wont be surprised because they always sell before buying.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

It says 21/22, so not even next season. By the way the tv rights are going up next season, so if anything it will stay more or less the same in 21/22, or are you saying your mates FSG are not buying players because tv money will go down in the season after next, so no purchases in the next 2 seasons? Wont be surprised because they always sell before buying.

Yes I know. You said no rebates had been agreed which is wrong. And this is only for Sky so there’s the rest of the £300m+ to go to the over seas broadcasters. If the TV program is isn’t completed as contracted there will no doubt be more rebates next season too. It obviously points to massive financial uncertainty but again that doesn’t suit your agenda so just ignore facts and post links from 3 months ago.

But we’ve sold lots of shirts so I suppose we should be spending £200m on players crazy Stick to FIFA as you obviously have no grip on the real world.

wilkij1975 #634314 10/07/20 09:42 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Yes I know. You said no rebates had been agreed which is wrong. And this is only for Sky so there’s the rest of the £300m+ to go to the over seas broadcasters. If the TV program is isn’t completed as contracted there will no doubt be more rebates next season too. It obviously points to massive financial uncertainty but again that doesn’t suit your agenda so just ignore facts and post links from 3 months ago.

But we’ve sold lots of shirts so I suppose we should be spending £200m on players crazy Stick to FIFA as you obviously have no grip on the real world.

Read the article again, no rebates have been agreed yet and it looks like all games which were due to be be televised, will be if not more. So as at date I am right.

Yep mr FSG, I have no grip to the real world, no team has spend over the last 2 windows, more than Luverpool and no team will for the next 2 seasons because FSG has decided so.

By the way, I never asked to spend 200m but to at least be in the top 5 net spending teams, Luverpool deserves at least that instead of being the 14th, please relay to your mates from US.

Looks like some so called fans prefer a stronger FSG balance sheet than trophies for the club.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion