Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#634217 04/07/20 08:12 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I pick was Mane until Feb but since then I think De Bruyne is well ahead now. Who you think will win it?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Our players should win it as we had a dominant season while everyone is so far behind. I'd pick Virgil again, Alisson, Salah, Mane, Henderson, Robertson are also worthy winners.

Arnold will pick up the young player award, there wasn't a better young player ahead of him.

Klopp should win manager of the year also unless they want to give it to Nuno or Wilder which is fine but in terms of players, should be our players only.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I would go for Henderson, he is the the captain and has come through adversity to achieve what he has.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Our players should win it as we had a dominant season while everyone is so far behind. I'd pick Virgil again, Alisson, Salah, Mane, Henderson, Robertson are also worthy winners.

Arnold will pick up the young player award, there wasn't a better young player ahead of him.

Klopp should win manager of the year also unless they want to give it to Nuno or Wilder which is fine but in terms of players, should be our players only.

Doesnt work like that, else Salah wouldn't have won it, we came 4th and City broke the 100 pts record, dominating completely the league. Klopp and TAA should win it though for manager and young player. It also depends when the voting was/will be done,if Feb, Mane was ahead or maybe Henserson, but since then De Bruyne has moved up IMO.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Henderson all day long

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Henderson all day long

Absolutely.
De Bruyne might come with a wet sail at the end but Jordan should win it hands down.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Salah made history by scoring 32 league goals, 44 in total, he was heads and shoulders above anyone even the city players that's why he won, this year you could give it to any of our players and no one will complain as we've had one of the most dominant seasons ever and everyone has performed to such a high standard so our players should win for me, De Bruyne will probably make the final cut.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Salah made history by scoring 32 league goals, 44 in total, he was heads and shoulders above anyone even the city players that's why he won, this year you could give it to any of our players and no one will complain as we've had one of the most dominant seasons ever and everyone has performed to such a high standard so our players should win for me, De Bruyne will probably make the final cut.

If we are not sure ourselves who should win it in Liverpool then we are more talking about the achievements of the team and of course the manager, rather than any individual player. Indeed, Mane or Henderson could win it but IMO De Bruyn has been above then in an inconsistent City team. Let's see how it goes

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

If we are not sure ourselves who should win it in Liverpool then we are more talking about the achievements of the team and of course the manager, rather than any individual player. Indeed, Mane or Henderson could win it but IMO De Bruyn has been above then in an inconsistent City team. Let's see how it goes

We have dominated the PL this season, but we have not had 1 outstanding player, we have 4 or 5 players who have consistently been very good and no one would argue if one of those won it, players like Henderson/Mane/Salah/VvD/TAA/Robertson.

For me, Henderson has led the team and pulled them together after the disappointment of losing out on the PL last season by 1 point, so he stands out. I know player of the year is based on the previous year, but I am sure they consider previous years, as they did with Gigg's winning it at 35, where Henderson has come through adversity, he nearly got sold, allot of his own fans didn't rate him, he had to take over the Captaincy from a Liverpool legend with most people saying he was not upto it.

I agree De Bruyne should be considered, he has had a very good season, but Man City have been very in and out this season, which is why we are so far ahead of them, so it is hard to justify giving it him, even if his own performances have been very good, technically he is much better than Henderson, but he has not galvanised his team in adversity like Henderson has, you could see that in the performance Henderson put in against City last week.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I think you have to add Alisson to that list.I

Joint top of keepers with clean sheets as it stands and just in case anybody didn't remember he didn't play in the cup games where we went out this season.

Just let that stat sink in and then imagine signing Koulibaly for next season to play in front of him and alongside VVD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion