Young player of the year - TAA
Player of the season - KDB

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I think you have to add Alisson to that list.I

Joint top of keepers with clean sheets as it stands and just in case anybody didn't remember he didn't play in the cup games where we went out this season.

Just let that stat sink in and then imagine signing Koulibaly for next season to play in front of him and alongside VVD.

He also missed about 10 games at the start of the season when injured, so yes, I would add him, GK rarely win it though.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I think you have to add Alisson to that list.I

Joint top of keepers with clean sheets as it stands and just in case anybody didn't remember he didn't play in the cup games where we went out this season.

Just let that stat sink in and then imagine signing Koulibaly for next season to play in front of him and alongside VVD.

He also missed about 10 games at the start of the season when injured, so yes, I would add him, GK rarely win it though.

Again he was brilliant v Villa when called upon. He just makes difficult stuff look so routine.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Again he was brilliant v Villa when called upon. He just makes difficult stuff look so routine.

and is the main reason we are not still in the CL, if he played against AM at Anfield we would have not conceded like we did.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

and is the main reason we are not still in the CL, if he played against AM at Anfield we would have not conceded like we did.

There is always a risk of players getting injured, it's the job of the club to have the proper back up. Getting Adrian free of charge is an example of value. It's not by chance that Alisson was a record purchase but we would have never done that if we hadn't sold Coutinho, since then we are spending even less and I am sure this will come to haunt us again.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

There is always a risk of players getting injured, it's the job of the club to have the proper back up. Getting Adrian free of charge is an example of value. It's not by chance that Alisson was a record purchase but we would have never done that if we hadn't sold Coutinho, since then we are spending even less and I am sure this will come to haunt us again.

Alisson is one of (I think the best) the best GK in the world, so we will always miss him, Adrian did really well at the start of the season for us, without winning those 10 games he was in goal, we might not be PL champions now, having Migs, Karius or Adrian in goal would have probably been the same result against AM.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Sure, Alisson is one of the best if not the best GK, but the mistake made by Adrian and Karius before that just shows their worth. We sold Mignolet and got Adrian for free, so in all honesty we couldn't expect a lot better, especially after he was rejected by the likes of West Ham. He was always a good shot stopper but prone for the odd mistake which he did even in the games we won. That and not scoring in Madrid probably because we didn't have a good replacement for Mane cost us progression in the CL, it is the small details which differentiate at that level.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion