Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
[quote=EnergisedReds]
Apparently the Napoli owner does not deal with transfers now, he has a new director of football, so hopefully that makes it easier, if we could part ex Lovren that would be great, Matip being out for rest of season with a sore toe just shows we need reliable CB.

Africa Cup of Nations being moved to January 2022 also makes it easier to sign him, as we will not lose him next season. I still think it is unlikely we will sign him due to his price/age, hopefully if Klopp really wants him, FSG will back him. Iwluld value Lovren at £20 million, so £50 million + Lovren would be a good offer.

High hopes and Lovren valued at 20m, really?

He nearly left for Roma last summer for £25 million, Milan were also interested, he is an experienced international who played in the World Cup final and won CL & PL, so £20 million sounds reasonable, certainly if part of a swap deal, but the market is abit unknown ATM.

25m last summer, who told you that? Experienced international, did you watch him against Wolves? 20m, you must be joking

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
[quote=EnergisedReds]
Apparently the Napoli owner does not deal with transfers now, he has a new director of football, so hopefully that makes it easier, if we could part ex Lovren that would be great, Matip being out for rest of season with a sore toe just shows we need reliable CB.

Africa Cup of Nations being moved to January 2022 also makes it easier to sign him, as we will not lose him next season. I still think it is unlikely we will sign him due to his price/age, hopefully if Klopp really wants him, FSG will back him. Iwluld value Lovren at £20 million, so £50 million + Lovren would be a good offer.

High hopes and Lovren valued at 20m, really?

He nearly left for Roma last summer for £25 million, Milan were also interested, he is an experienced international who played in the World Cup final and won CL & PL, so £20 million sounds reasonable, certainly if part of a swap deal, but the market is abit unknown ATM.

25m last summer, who told you that? Experienced international, did you watch him against Wolves? 20m, you must be joking

It was widely reported last summer, he nearly left:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/dejan-lovren-roma-liverpool-deal-agreed-tottenham-toby-alderweireld

I'm not arguing whether he is good or bad, he played in a WC final, that makes him a decent international, I'm just saying the price. I think the more he plays, the better he is, but he is always capable of a brain fart ! so I would prefer we sell him and replace him with someone better and less injury prone.

If I was Arsenal, I would happily sign him, he is better than their CB's.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/dejan-lovren-roma-liverpool-deal-agreed-tottenham-toby-alderweireld

I'm not arguing whether he is good or bad, he played in a WC final, that makes him a decent international, I'm just saying the price. I think the more he plays, the better he is, but he is always capable of a brain fart ! so I would prefer we sell him and replace him with someone better and less injury prone.

I think you should read the article you posted, it says 10-13m €, not the 25m you mentioned. If you think Arsenal or anybody else would pay 20m for him, good luck with that. One thing which looked obvious in today's game, if ever we lose VVD long term, we will struggle to qualify for CL.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

I think you should read the article you posted, it says 10-13m €, not the 25m you mentioned. If you think Arsenal or anybody else would pay 20m for him, good luck with that. One thing which looked obvious in today's game, if ever we lose VVD long term, we will struggle to qualify for CL.

Liverpool set his price at £25 million last summer and he nearly left, at the time If I remember, Klopp pulled the plug as we had a few injuries, so it must have been close to being agreed with Roma:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/...n-38213263.html

I really don't know what Lovren's value is in the post Covid market, Sane has gone for much less than I expected, Werners was a straight release clause, so that's hard to judge.

If we ever lose VvD we would struggle, we all know that, but you cannot have someone of his quality in reserve, I still think Gomez is quality and will be a top CB, just depends on his injuries, Matip is an excellent CB but cannot be relied upon due to injuries, Lovren is good enough for 4th choice if he stays, but I would prefer if we got rid of him and brought in a decent CB who is not always on the verge of being injured.

Hopefully tonight's result (it was a mad game so I am not reading much into it, we didn't take our chances, city did) will remind Klopp & FSG that this is not the finished team and still needs strengthening, and being CL champions is the best time to strengthen.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Liverpool set his price at £25 million last summer and he nearly left, at the time If I remember, Klopp pulled the plug as we had a few injuries, so it must have been close to being agreed with Roma:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/...n-38213263.html

I really don't know what Lovren's value is in the post Covid market, Sane has gone for much less than I expected, Werners was a straight release clause, so that's hard to judge.

If we ever lose VvD we would struggle, we all know that, but you cannot have someone of his quality in reserve, I still think Gomez is quality and will be a top CB, just depends on his injuries, Matip is an excellent CB but cannot be relied upon due to injuries, Lovren is good enough for 4th choice if he stays, but I would prefer if we got rid of him and brought in a decent CB who is not always on the verge of being injured.

Hopefully tonight's result (it was a mad game so I am not reading much into it, we didn't take our chances, city did) will remind Klopp & FSG that this is not the finished team and still needs strengthening, and being CL champions is the best time to strengthen.

So Edwards wanted 25m for Lovren and never got close, now it's going to be harder. No, I dont want a top CB to warm the bench but to play with VVD when both are fit. Gomez is ok but nowhere near as we saw yesterday, if Lovren had such a game we would be crucifying him, and I am not even talking about his injury record. We need little tweaks now

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 03/07/20 02:57 AM.
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
If we only go for one player I’d want Havertz. Can cover our wide forwards or slot into a midfield position and offer a lot of creativity.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By WNP
If we only go for one player I’d want Havertz. Can cover our wide forwards or slot into a midfield position and offer a lot of creativity.

I really think we need 2 players, one forward and one central defender but with a good left foot who can play left full back. If we can afford only one, then I would go with the latter, but it looks like we cant afford anybody of calibre.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
There's a tendency to take their foot off the accelerator pedal for most teams when they are confirmed title winners. The over exuberance / pressure taken off, of watching the clips of players and staff when having the title confirmed with Chelsea beating City and then seeing the partying in Formby Hall probably jaded / blunted the teams appetite for last night's game v City. Hopefully it's a one off, however it was worrying to watch us collapse like that very much like our Watford defeat.

If Klopp has learned anything (we've been told he studied Shankly's and Paisley's history at the club) is that we should never rest on our laurels. Shankly and Paisley drilled into their players each season of not being complacent. They kept their teams on their toes with at least one or two new players coming into the club each season to increase competition for places.

On paper our starting team last night was our strongest, the fact they collapsed against our current biggest rival should be a warning for Klopp and the club. Not doing any business in this transfer window and allowing players to leave would be a huge mistake. ChiComm Virus or no ChiComm virus the club has to find the money to increase the quality in areas of the team needed.

I now think Koulibaly is a MUST for us and a creator who can unlock defences from a central position. Our biggest weapons come from down the lines / out wide and we are becoming obvious. I am now relenting on previous thinking about Coutinho, yes he was a c#nt for wanting to leave us to play for Barcelona and I have enjoyed the fact it didn't work out for him there...call it karma. However if he's available even on loan then I think we've got to entertain the notion of bringing him back. He's South American they all want to either play for Barcelona or Real Madrid because at an early age that's all they hear about or see in their Countries of making it and playing for one of the Big 2.

Bringing Phil back, he'd have a point to prove and he'd be hungry for the recent success he missed with us. Failing getting Phil, somebody like Demebele initially on loan would be a smart move. That boy has bundles of talent but a questionable temperament which I think Klopp could cure. Havertz would be a great acquisition but the money involved would be impossible for us if we acquire Koulibaly.

The greatest travesty for Klopp would be to sit with his thumbs us his ar..se in this transfer window...he got his warning last night.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
There's a tendency to take their foot off the accelerator pedal for most teams when they are confirmed title winners. The over exuberance / pressure taken off, of watching the clips of players and staff when having the title confirmed with Chelsea beating City and then seeing the partying in Formby Hall probably jaded / blunted the teams appetite for last night's game v City. Hopefully it's a one off, however it was worrying to watch us collapse like that very much like our Watford defeat.

If Klopp has learned anything (we've been told he studied Shankly's and Paisley's history at the club) is that we should never rest on our laurels. Shankly and Paisley drilled into their players each season of not being complacent. They kept their teams on their toes with at least one or two new players coming into the club each season to increase competition for places.

On paper our starting team last night was our strongest, the fact they collapsed against our current biggest rival should be a warning for Klopp and the club. Not doing any business in this transfer window and allowing players to leave would be a huge mistake. ChiComm Virus or no ChiComm virus the club has to find the money to increase the quality in areas of the team needed.

I now think Koulibaly is a MUST for us and a creator who can unlock defences from a central position. Our biggest weapons come from down the lines / out wide and we are becoming obvious. I am now relenting on previous thinking about Coutinho, yes he was a c#nt for wanting to leave us to play for Barcelona and I have enjoyed the fact it didn't work out for him there...call it karma. However if he's available even on loan then I think we've got to entertain the notion of bringing him back. He's South American they all want to either play for Barcelona or Real Madrid because at an early age that's all they hear about or see in their Countries of making it and playing for one of the Big 2.

Bringing Phil back, he'd have a point to prove and he'd be hungry for the recent success he missed with us. Failing getting Phil, somebody like Demebele initially on loan would be a smart move. That boy has bundles of talent but a questionable temperament which I think Klopp could cure. Havertz would be a great acquisition but the money involved would be impossible for us if we acquire Koulibaly.

The greatest travesty for Klopp would be to sit with his thumbs us his ar..se in this transfer window...he got his warning last night.

For anything to happen he should have the balls to confront FSG, he is well placed to do that but last time King Kenny tried, he was sacked, cant see this happening to Klopp though. We won 3 out of our 9 last games, none away, so either we peaked or we are tired, though it shouldn't be the latter after the break and lockdown. I think/hope we learn more until the end of the season and we have some money available. For some reasons City was quite inconsistent this season, cant see it happening. We have missed quite some opportunities to strengthen like Werner, Fernandes, before that Pulicic as well.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Ruben Neves. Solid midfielder, he should not be playing at Wolves.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion