Print Thread
Rate Thread
#634150 30/06/20 08:58 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Man City have just agreed to sell Sane to Bayern for £44.7 Million + £10 million add-ons:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53239049

Probably half the fee they would have expected due to the current Covid issues, great deal for Bayern, City will struggle to replace him with that money, just shows ho much prices will be affected.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
His contract would have been up end of June 2021 so he would have walked for a free had he stayed. City got an amazing fee on a player with a year left on his contract.

Pickles #634152 01/07/20 04:07 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
His contract would have been up end of June 2021 so he would have walked for a free had he stayed. City got an amazing fee on a player with a year left on his contract.

Indeed, they wanted to finalise his case last year but his injury has cost them. They will probably go for Sancho

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yeah given....

Covid 19
His injury
His contract

It is a very good price. He has been a bit of a thorn in our side playing v us too so glad to see the back of him.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Yeah given....

Covid 19
His injury
His contract

It is a very good price. He has been a bit of a thorn in our side playing v us too so glad to see the back of him.

Yeah, I still think it is lower than without Covid, he is a top German International player at 24 who has won trophies, I would have liked us to get him, but no way would City sell to us. Hazard went for £100 million at 28 nearing the end of his contract, Sane is much better value.

Sane is a big loss for City, would Sancho go back? he will cost allot more, apparently City have first refusal. I can see him at Utd if they get CL as they will pay what Dortmund want.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Yeah given....

Covid 19
His injury
His contract

Yeah, I still think it is lower than without Covid, he is a top German International player at 24 who has won trophies, I would have liked us to get him, but no way would City sell to us. Hazard went for £100 million at 28 nearing the end of his contract, Sane is much better value.

Sane is a big loss for City, would Sancho go back? he will cost allot more, apparently City have first refusal. I can see him at Utd if they get CL as they will pay what Dortmund want.

It looks like Chelsea, City and United all have money to spend but we have nothing despite being the most profitable club over the last 3 years and having spent the least over that period.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
City need to find out if they are playing CL football next season or not before getting players like Koulibaly to sign for them.

This may determine the price if one bidder is out of the running the price comes down. We also have a couple of things in our favour. Lovren can be used as a carrot for Napoli. For Koulibaly the lure of playing with Mane and other African players could be key. Then you have to think of the managers. Popular opinion is Pep might only be at City one more season but Klopp is going to be around for a few years yet.

Klopp has said we are not going to defend the title we are going to attack it. Making the team stronger by signing a defender does exactly that however you want to dress it up.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
City need to find out if they are playing CL football next season or not before getting players like Koulibaly to sign for them.

This may determine the price if one bidder is out of the running the price comes down. We also have a couple of things in our favour. Lovren can be used as a carrot for Napoli. For Koulibaly the lure of playing with Mane and other African players could be key. Then you have to think of the managers. Popular opinion is Pep might only be at City one more season but Klopp is going to be around for a few years yet.

Klopp has said we are not going to defend the title we are going to attack it. Making the team stronger by signing a defender does exactly that however you want to dress it up.

Koulibaly will cost at least as much as Werner and it's not Lovren's swap will change that. If we didnt have money to pay Werner's release clause despite him valued higher, cant see us signing Koulibaly who is 5 years older.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I thought that too about the Werner to Chelsea and us missing out, however I believe Klopp's priorities changed not just because of COVID but the fact there's a realisation that VVD's CB partner has weakened significantly with Lovren's departing, Matip's & Gomez's incessant injury history and the kids not being anywhere near ready.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion