Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Moneywise next six months probably be fine I meant long term. Re pay per view I would love that but why would anyone subscribe to sky or BT thats why they won't do it. Also it would destroy the game clubs like Liverpool and man united would be able to out finance any team and they would dominate

PPV has caused huge problems in Spain as Barca & RM did their own deals getting huge money, it would be the same in PL with us & Man Utd getting big deals and the likes of Burnley & Sheffield Utd getting poor deals, which would mean the league would not be competitive.

Exactly and I think it would be more extreme than Spain or German where Bayern win everything and buy the best players from rivals. Not something I want to see here even though Liverpool would be one of the dominating teams

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Moneywise next six months probably be fine I meant long term. Re pay per view I would love that but why would anyone subscribe to sky or BT thats why they won't do it. Also it would destroy the game clubs like Liverpool and man united would be able to out finance any team and they would dominate

PPV has caused huge problems in Spain as Barca & RM did their own deals getting huge money, it would be the same in PL with us & Man Utd getting big deals and the likes of Burnley & Sheffield Utd getting poor deals, which would mean the league would not be competitive.

Exactly and I think it would be more extreme than Spain or German where Bayern win everything and buy the best players from rivals. Not something I want to see here even though Liverpool would be one of the dominating teams

Agree, but I was talking about PPV managed by the EPL but not clubs directly for games that were not going to be transmitted before Covid

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Agree, but I was talking about PPV managed by the EPL but not clubs directly for games that were not going to be transmitted before Covid

But you can imagine the clubs thinking "well, if it's PPV, why not do our own deal with our own fans directly" which would create an inbalance in the PL.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

But you can imagine the clubs thinking "well, if it's PPV, why not do our own deal with our own fans directly" which would create an inbalance in the PL.

It doesn't work like that, the clubs don't have the rights, all rights are for the EPL, the organisers of the league. They can take pictures and videos of their players but not games, unless they play among themselves like training sessions.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

It doesn't work like that, the clubs don't have the rights, all rights are for the EPL, the organisers of the league. They can take pictures and videos of their players but not games, unless they play among themselves like training sessions.

The PL is a voting system by the club members, so the majority (I think it's 16) would have to agree on an individual PPV deal, unlikely as only the top clubs would want that, this is where Super Leagues come into it etc. The point is any PPV would be difficult to arrange, as smaller clubs are unlikely to want it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
even EPL PPV breaks sky and BT's model and would have to be re- negotiated with a new service provider. How contractual and operationally possible that is I don't know

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
even EPL PPV breaks sky and BT's model and would have to be re- negotiated with a new service provider. How contractual and operationally possible that is I don't know

I am talking about games that would never have been broadcasted if there were fans in the stadium and these would be a new contract (for those additional games to be broadcasted) with the same or new broadcasters, I am sure it will come if fans are not allowed in the new season just as I was sure the league would re-start behind closed doors. Every additional penny to the clubs will be welcomed. It will not be controlled by the clubs but by the EPL, dont understand why people are equating PPV with clubs doing it themselves.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 29/06/20 05:42 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion