Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
This always ends up in the same argument, you want owners who will just poor money into the club and buy the best 'name' players in the world, irrelevant of the finances of that and how they play as a team.

FSG will not do that, they never will, I prefer their model of running as a business and let Klopp manage the players, would City have bought Andy Roberts or brought through a player like TAA?? look at Sancho, he had to leave City to play football.

At the end of the day, we will not get an owner who ploughs crazy money into player transfers and wages unless FSG sell Liverpool which is unlikely in the current circumstances, unless FSG get into trouble, as it would be a cut price sale in the market now, even if they sell there are not many Abramovich or Sovereign states around to buy us as a play thing/sports washing.

It strikes me you deem success for Liverpool as judged by how much we spend on players every transfer window, rather that how many trophies we win or how good the football is? what in your mind is success for Liverpool? we have played some of the best football I have seen in 30 years in the last few years, we have won the CL and about to win the PL, even when not winning trophies we have been competitive getting to European finals and getting some of the largest PL points tallies and playing great football, what would make you happy? I am genuinely curious.

Ain’t that the truth. Just about everything he posts is related to it like a broken miserable record. Proper boring.

Nobody is forcing you to read Jr

Haha. JR. Are you 5 or something? Playground stuff from the genius mind of vish.

Believe me I try not to read the turd you post but as you tend to rubbish most threads with the same turd it’s hard to avoid it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

How is it that they didnt take the money from the club? where has the 30m gone to, did it stay in the club? And 30m plus 25m for Origi easily gets you Werner last summer, but a bit too hard for you to understand probably.

Financial cheating? Are they guilty of anything in the EPL, if anything it is in the CL where the limit is much lower, so think before you write. And City has been winning 6 to 7 times what we've won since they were bought over.

Oh dear. Clutching at anything to be right hey? The money paid for a loan that we all knew about for the stand refurb. That’s not taking money from the club at all. Just admit that you made up some old load of dump to try and further your anti FSG agenda. You’re just looking stupid now and let’s not forget I’m the dumb one here.

Financial cheating? Yes. Think before you write you say? Maybe take that advice yourself before making up lies and posting them.

Oh dear, maybe you could explain what taking money out means to you. Proceeds from operations and player sales are being used to reimburse capital expenditure quicker than the returns of that investment, but hey ho, it is being compared to household budget with house mortgage reimbursement, cannot say anything there.

I said some months back that funds were taken from the club when Klopp said last summer that there were bills to pay and no money to spend, remember, I was right when I checked in the annual report which you dont have time to read, by the way it took me a few minutes to find out, but stay in your belief.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Look, you’ve said they’re taking money to make them look bad. They’re taking money to pay back a loan to the club. Nothing more. And there are bills to pay unless everything gets aid for by fairies?

I think we’ve established that you’ve been talking absolute muck through this to try and make the owners look bad. You’ve lied to further your agenda against them which is low even for you. You just do t like it that the dummy of the forum has seen through it and called you out.

You are wrong so let’s just move on to your next lie to try and make them look bad hey?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Look, you’ve said they’re taking money to make them look bad. They’re taking money to pay back a loan to the club. Nothing more. And there are bills to pay unless everything gets aid for by fairies?

I think we’ve established that you’ve been talking absolute muck through this to try and make the owners look bad. You’ve lied to further your agenda against them which is low even for you. You just do t like it that the dummy of the forum has seen through it and called you out.

You are wrong so let’s just move on to your next lie to try and make them look bad hey?

Oh my god, really. Let me explain one last time with some perspective in hope that you will understand how infrastructure financing works instead of talking crap.

Last summer, Klopp came out saying that we didnt buy because we had no money and bill's to pay, and that after record profits of 145m in financial year ending May 2018 and record revenues in financial year 2019 as we won the CL and finished 2nd. That looked very fishy and as I didnt think he was lying, it was clear to me that funds were going to the shareholders. To know what happened was only possible after looking at the May 2019 annual report which I saw a few weeks back. By the way, I knew then that any funds transfer would be through shareholder loan repayment, any high school kid studying accounting or finance would know why, dont need to be a genius to know that.

Now, maybe you think it's ok, but I don't and I will explain to you why. If you are Liverpool and go to financial institutions for a long term financing of 100m in infrastructure, you can negotiate interest rate over 30 years through a bond issue. This is how Spurs are financing I think something like 2.6% interest, I think we could get even lower because repayment of our stand is much less risky, so 2% is easy to get IMO, long term interest these days can go down to 0.5%. That would amount to about 5m repayment per year (capital and interest). That would have allowed us to run Liverpool without any burden as the additional stand revenues would cover the costs. Our owners have taken 30 million over 2 years, ie, 3 times more.

You might tell me, but how does this help them, they are just taking what they gave, they could have taken the loan now and pay themselves their 100m debt, right. Well, I am sure this is what they are doing but at a higher level and getting the benefit at the expense of the club. The debt of Liverpool reducing through quicker payments, allows them to increase the valuation of LFC and most importantly the value of FSG group which allows them to have cheaper financing at the FSG level. So basically what they are doing is allowing them to service their debt at the expense of LFC which ends up having no funds to buy players as we saw.

If you are happy with that so be it, but commenting without having even read the annual report, let alone understanding it, is pathetic. No need to agree with me but saying I am lying without understanding what I am saying just shows what you are. As the saying goes, you can only take the donkey to the river, but cannot force him to drink.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Simple fact is you’re wrong and the only money FSG have taken is for a loan that was well publicised. You lied to make it seem like they’re skimming profit to top up their bank balance.

As they say, no point arguing with stupid as they’ll only drag you down to their level.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 07/06/20 02:53 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Simple fact is you’re wrong and the only money FSG have taken is for a loan that was well publicised. You lied to make it seem like they’re skimming profit to top up their bank balance.

As they say, no point arguing with stupid as they’ll only drag you down to their level.

What was well publicised that they took 30m as loan repayment, do you have a link? I don't understand what skimming profits means, the money they took to repay the loan came from profits, where do you think they came from, the sky? You are right about the stupid who thinks that a half billion company is run as their household or a little shop.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
you have to remember that FSG are not here for the benefit of LfC!they are here primarily for the benefit of FSG!they are happy to invest/loan money to the club as long as it increases the worth of the asset.We can see this from the net spend the club has made on players in the last few years,they are not prepared to give Klopp money to spend and he knows it.the only money Klopp will be allowed to spend will be the money he makes from player sales.this hasn't got anything to do with covid-19 but it will be used as a reason.Remember not so long ago when FSG were going to use the furlough system to save a few quid?that tells you all you need to know about our finanaces.
Luckily we have the best manager in the world who has worked wonders with this group of players.I for one will not be expecting any incoming players this summer unless there is sales made. FSG are not about to spend money on a squad that is already proven to make them money.
FSG are here to maximise the profit on their investment. They are waiting for the offer they cant refuse.then they will sell up grab their sacks of cash and head off into the sunset!

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Well said Kernow!

Totally agree on that!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
you have to remember that FSG are not here for the benefit of LfC!they are here primarily for the benefit of FSG!they are happy to invest/loan money to the club as long as it increases the worth of the asset.We can see this from the net spend the club has made on players in the last few years,they are not prepared to give Klopp money to spend and he knows it.the only money Klopp will be allowed to spend will be the money he makes from player sales.this hasn't got anything to do with covid-19 but it will be used as a reason.Remember not so long ago when FSG were going to use the furlough system to save a few quid?that tells you all you need to know about our finanaces.
Luckily we have the best manager in the world who has worked wonders with this group of players.I for one will not be expecting any incoming players this summer unless there is sales made. FSG are not about to spend money on a squad that is already proven to make them money.
FSG are here to maximise the profit on their investment. They are waiting for the offer they cant refuse.then they will sell up grab their sacks of cash and head off into the sunset!

Totally and utterly agree, and to give some perspective, see the link below, tells us how cash flow generated by the club is not going into player purchases and that Klopp has worked miracles. Some might be happy with this, though I rather think they dont see/understand the whole picture. I would even say SP was right about investment in the stadium, though a new stadium would have put a huge burden on the club as there wouldn't have been any funding from those suckers. Cant understand how supposedly LFC fans defend FSG more than the club, probably because Klopp is the tree hiding the forest.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11805011/liverpool-premier-league-transfer-spend/

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Linking to the Sun is probably not the best idea.....

I agree FSG are not here for the love of Liverpool, they bought us as a relatively cheap punt to get into the PL when we nearly went out of business under H&G, they knew with their sports management experience and our global name, supporter base and history that they could develop us into a good business for them, it has proven to a be a very wise investment.

FSG want us to run as a self sufficient business, that makes sense rather than relying on a sugar daddy or a sovereign state, as they can lose interest/money and disappear.

I agree Klopp is doing a great job and under different management things could be very different, the same could be said about when we were under Paisley/Fagan/Dalglish. Man Utd spent fortunes in the 80's and didn't win much, so it's not always who spends the most, it's how you spend it, as we have seen under Klopp.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion