E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Pickles
When did you change nationality to NY Italian, Vish?

What's NY Italian and what does that mean? Anyway, when I saw that FSG have paid themselves 30m over the last 2 financial years it's just confirming what I feared.

Isn't that £30 million to pay the FSG £100 million loan for the Main Stand extension?

But what did they put in the club then, nothing? And 30m in 2 years, for a capital investment in infrastructure? Is this how loans/mortgages are paid in UK, sorry didnt know that. I dont think that main stand brought that kind of revenues, in these low interest times, it would have been better for the club to take a long term loan with the bank. No business runs like that, in fact they are just taking maximum advantage of the revenue streams

I'm just saying what was reported, I haven't read over the financial reports in detail over the years, it's a 1.24% loan, so I cannot see a bank beating that, also, I can imagine how the fans would have reacted if FSG would have taken a loan against the club, look at how it was with H&G and the Glazers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201...-12m-last-year/

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
From what I read FSG took the best option of a low interest rate loan in the US to pay for the stand, a much better deal than the club getting a loan apparently.

Then the club was to pay it back at pre-agreed amounts each year and from what I can tell that’s the £10m and £20m payments (loan going from £110m to £80m). So unless all that money isn’t being paid into the loan by FSG or the loan is for more than the stand cost, I do t see how they’re taking money from the club?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
When did you change nationality to NY Italian, Vish?

What's NY Italian and what does that mean? Anyway, when I saw that FSG have paid themselves 30m over the last 2 financial years it's just confirming what I feared.

Isn't that £30 million to pay the FSG £100 million loan for the Main Stand extension?

But what did they put in the club then, nothing? And 30m in 2 years, for a capital investment in infrastructure? Is this how loans/mortgages are paid in UK, sorry didnt know that. I dont think that main stand brought that kind of revenues, in these low interest times, it would have been better for the club to take a long term loan with the bank. No business runs like that, in fact they are just taking max my imum advantage of the revenue streams

How else would a loan work? You borrow money and pay it back in pre-agreed amounts over a set time.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We are paying the loan back out of the increased profit generated by the new main stand seats/corporate, so in a few years the loan will be repaid and that will become profit the club can use.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We are paying the loan back out of the increased profit generated by the new main stand seats/corporate, so in a few years the loan will be repaid and that will become profit the club can use.

I bet they will take dividends after that.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

From what I have read, they have not so far, I think their model is to make us self sufficient and then sell at a huge profit.

The current pandemic must have hit their FSG group hard as they are based around sports media, so it's not just Liverpool they are trying to get through this.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Why? They haven’t so far so why would that change? This is just in your mind to try and be ‘right’.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Why? They haven’t so far so why would that change? This is just in your mind to try and be ‘right’.

This is what you dont understand, I have explained that there are 2 ways to invest in a company, either through equity or shareholder loan. If it is through equity, to take out money, you pay yourself dividends and if it is a loan you pay back loan. They haven't so far because they could get it through loan repayment, hope this helps. Would it be an issue for you if it were dividends?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The loan was to pay for the stand. Shouldn’t be hard for a genius like you to work out. Unless you’re saying that all they’re taking isn’t for the stand or that the loan was for more than the stand cost? Other than that you’re talking dump and you know it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
The loan was to pay for the stand. Shouldn’t be hard for a genius like you to work out. Unless you’re saying that all they’re taking isn’t for the stand or that the loan was for more than the stand cost? Other than that you’re talking dump and you know it.

In a big company you dont take short term loan to finance capital expenditure, this is a basic principle, it's not like your household, even there you take long term loans to finance your house purchase. Woukd you skip your holiday spending until all your mortgage is paid so that you reimburse quicker?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion