KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#633610 - 05/06/20 11:38 AM Re: More Games Live !! But what do you want to see on TV? [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
AccaBoosty Online   content
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I'd be more interested in good quality camera work, showing the game close up, with regular scans of the pitch and posititioning overall. Also I'd like a good I depth preview, similar to what Sky do before kickoff. However I'm not sure if the free-to-air stations will be either interested or equipped to do much of that. I'd think the BBC are likeliest to get somewhere close, if they have the interest or inclination any more.
Anyway can't wait for the resumption, it seems like it's been forever!

BBC will not dedicate the time to pre-match, they will come on air 15 minutes before kick off and then wrap it up 10 minutes after full time.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too unfortunately. I'm not a fan of Sky for a variety of reasons, but they do a good job during, pre and post games. It might be an opportunity missed for the Beeb though, to make a pitch for additional funding for sport broadcasting. However given the current political and economic climate they'd probably be wasting their time, sadly.

Given that their funding comes from the TV Licence fee I doubt if we will see them have extra money. Especially after some of the tips I have seen online about how to not pay it at all. Some people are dodging the fee altogether through brazenly fronting out letters and reminders. And more and more people are jumping on this bandwagon every day it seems.

#633619 - 05/06/20 01:31 PM Re: More Games Live !! But what do you want to see on TV? [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I'd be more interested in good quality camera work, showing the game close up, with regular scans of the pitch and posititioning overall. Also I'd like a good I depth preview, similar to what Sky do before kickoff. However I'm not sure if the free-to-air stations will be either interested or equipped to do much of that. I'd think the BBC are likeliest to get somewhere close, if they have the interest or inclination any more.
Anyway can't wait for the resumption, it seems like it's been forever!

BBC will not dedicate the time to pre-match, they will come on air 15 minutes before kick off and then wrap it up 10 minutes after full time.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too unfortunately. I'm not a fan of Sky for a variety of reasons, but they do a good job during, pre and post games. It might be an oppurtunity missed for the Beeb though, to make a pitch for additional funding for sport broadcasting. However given the current political and economic climate they'd probably be wasting their time, sadly.

Yeah, BBC messed up the Club World Championship trophy presentation by going off air and said it would be continued on Iplayer, then Iplayer crashed as everyone tried to watch it lol

I don't like SKY either with all the Murdoch connotations, but their football coverage is good, with decent pundits and not rushing the coverage, giving good information before & after the game.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Anybody worried with this stats
by Snakeye
07/07/20 11:30 PM
EPL player of the year
by EnergisedReds
07/07/20 07:25 PM
Pep Guardiola accuses Premier League of double standards
by Stanley Park
07/07/20 03:47 PM
1 player this transfer window, who should it be?
by EnergisedReds
07/07/20 01:47 PM
LFC shirts
by EnergisedReds
05/07/20 06:55 PM

General Discussion
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
02/07/20 08:30 PM
Google's manipulation of COVID...try this out now!
by lumba
01/07/20 09:47 AM
Coronavirus Cure?
by EnergisedReds
21/06/20 07:00 PM
The final end of remoaning
by Stanley Park
18/06/20 03:29 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 177
Stanley Park 89
ecnirp98 81