Rate Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

No, I would have preferred Abramovic or Sheik Mansoor like owners who dont need to be lucky to get Klopp to win titles, they've won much more and without Klopp, even before Pep for City.

FSG were not lucky to get Klopp, they identified & hired him (no doubt with help from people who knew football better), allot of top clubs in the world were after Klopp and did not get him, so whatever FSG did/said worked to recruit him.

I am not going over the ownership argument again, we exhausted that on another thread and we will not agree, suffice to say I prefer us to be ran as a business rather than a billionaires play thing involved in financial doping & sports washing.

So why did it take them 5 years or so to get Klopp if he was identified as the chosen one? They went by trial and error and were lucky to hit the jackpot as they guy decided to cut short his sabbatical.

Klopp was in another job and being very successful at it, as we know Klopp is very loyal and would not walk away from that, I don't know if they tried to get him before hiring Kenny on Rodgers.

FSG sacked managers they could easily have kept based on recent performances (previous years success), so they took those decisions, which enabled them to recruit Klopp, that was not luck.

You can argue that FSG were lucky Klopp turned out to be so good and achieve so much on a limited budget compared to most of his rivals.

This is what I am saying. The most important individual at LFC is Klopp and he will be there for a limited period of time and I cant see him achieving the same if others are buying better players while we stay where we are. We were lucky we didn't get any injuries with our 3 forwards, we cannot keep on riding on our luck

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 05/06/20 04:14 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Klopp was in another job and being very successful at it, as we know Klopp is very loyal and would not walk away from that, I don't know if they tried to get him before hiring Kenny on Rodgers.

FSG sacked managers they could easily have kept based on recent performances (previous years success), so they took those decisions, which enabled them to recruit Klopp, that was not luck.

You can argue that FSG were lucky Klopp turned out to be so good and achieve so much on a limited budget compared to most of his rivals.

This is what I am saying. The most important individual at LFC is Klopp and he will be there for a limited period of time and I cant see him achieving the same if others are buying better players while we stay where we are. We were lucky we didn't get any injuries with our 3 forwards, we cannot keep on riding on our luck

I agree we need better cover for the front 3, I would have liked us to buy Werner, either we did not want him or we cannot afford him due to the current financial problems, which affects every club, let's see what happens.

Lots of clubs have spent more money than us, like Utd, but they spend badly, we have spent well, it's not about who spends the most, it is about getting the right player, which is not always the most expensive/biggest name. I am happy to leave our recruitment team to bring the right players in, they have done well so far at this.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So we should never buy players anymore then, right? Dont tell me Klopp knows best because he wanted Werner, even those media close to FSG said so, like Liverpool Echo

Wow so astute. That’s exactly what I was saying.

Just proves that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Your sugar daddy spend spend spend isn’t always the right way.

Also proves just how wrong you were to moan so much and be so relentlessly miserable last two windows.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And Klopp knows infinitely better than you that’s for sure.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
So we should never buy players anymore then, right? Dont tell me Klopp knows best because he wanted Werner, even those media close to FSG said so, like Liverpool Echo

Wow so astute. That’s exactly what I was saying.

Just proves that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Your sugar daddy spend spend spend isn’t always the right way.

Also proves just how wrong you were to moan so much and be so relentlessly miserable last two windows.

Spend, spend, spend? What did we spend, do you even understand what you are saying?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

But what's the point of knowing if he cannot do anything about it? I understand he likes the player I wanted signed for a year, Henry is keeping the money for Henry Jr who likes it that way

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
What I would like to see is... when we do eventually tie up the Prem Title and we do get some sort of Celebration and Mr & Mrs Henry and Tom are patting Klopp and the Players on their backs in front of the cameras... is for one of these so called partisan hacks to go rogue and shove a mic in John Henry's mush and ask him why he wouldn't give Klopp the funds to acquire "the" one player who Klopp has admired for so long, considering all the success Klopp has brought them?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
What I would like to see is... when we do eventually tie up the Prem Title and we do get some sort of Celebration and Mr & Mrs Henry and Tom are patting Klopp and the Players on their backs in front of the cameras... is for one of these so called partisan hacks to go rogue and shove a mic in John Henry's mush and ask him why he wouldn't give Klopp the funds to acquire "the" one player who Klopp has admired for so long, considering all the success Klopp has brought them?

Yep, that would be great but dont think it will happen unfortunately.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 06/06/20 07:39 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Apparently FSG wont take money out when they just did it in the last 2 financial years ending May 2019, 10m 2018 and 20m in 2019

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-six-up-for-sale-fsg-to-raise-120m-transfer-funds

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 06/06/20 09:24 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

But what's the point of knowing if he cannot do anything about it? I understand he likes the player I wanted signed for a year, Henry is keeping the money for Henry Jr who likes it that way

Best get your application letter in then. Go fight the cause as manager as you seem to think you know as much as Klopp.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion