Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
With the uncertainty going forward over the ChiComm Virus and the current financial famine for clubs, surely now must be the time for the breakaway of European elite clubs into a much talked about Super League?

I'll be amazed if this isn't currently being discussed behind the scenes at the moment.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I hope this never happens as it will ruin the spectacle of big matches as they will happen frequently. It will also ruin the leagues once the top teams are picked off them. You could have a scenario where Leicester and Everton are challenging for the league title each year, how boring, no one will watch the individual leagues anymore and they will lose a lot of money from tv. I just think it's a bad idea and will create a lot of problems. I don't mind them expanding the club world cup and inviting all the big clubs once every four years but to expand permanently I just don't want to see it go that route as it will ruin the game for me.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I’m not quite sure how this situation would push this forward? There’s uncertainty about travel within countries so how would teams be able to travel to foreign countries in such a situation?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
With the uncertainty going forward over the ChiComm Virus and the current financial famine for clubs, surely now must be the time for the breakaway of European elite clubs into a much talked about Super League?

I'll be amazed if this isn't currently being discussed behind the scenes at the moment.

Wtf is ChiComm? What are you talking about, they cannot even get the CL games played, this thought is as intelligent as Trump's tweets.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I don't think a European Super League would be acceptable to many. The current format sees a thriving Championship which has a massive prize of 3 teams promoted to rub shoulders the next season with the best.

It's a bit like having Celtic and Rangers in our PL. That would kill Scottish football off for good as a league. Besides, neither could finish top half in the current PL.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Just because something is talked about doesn't mean it should happen in my view. Other leagues need this way more than we do here which is why they are pushing it, what other leagues should be doing is finding a way to make their leagues more competitive rather than glorifying the top 2 every year.

We have the champions league which basically is the European super league and I completely agree with Sneakeye, having Liverpool V Barcelona every week and it starts becoming boring.

I would not be against having more European competitions for other tiers of football.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I would be against a Euro Super League as it would become boring as people have said, the excitement of meeting a Barca or Juve every 5 years is what makes it interesting, it is different and an unknown.

Most big clubs are using the Super League to force Uefa's hand, to increase prize money/TV revenue etc for CL, they are also trying to get some sort of auto qualification for the 'Big' clubs, so the likes of Man Utd & Milan are guaranteed qualification, even if the do not achieve it by league position.

B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I don't think a European Super League would be acceptable to many. The current format sees a thriving Championship which has a massive prize of 3 teams promoted to rub shoulders the next season with the best.

It's a bit like having Celtic and Rangers in our PL. That would kill Scottish football off for good as a league. Besides, neither could finish top half in the current PL.

Some people think that Rangers and Celtic leaving the Scottish league would improve it. Make it more competitive.

I personally would love to see both of them in the EPL. What a product that would be.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Some people think that Rangers and Celtic leaving the Scottish league would improve it. Make it more competitive.

I personally would love to see both of them in the EPL. What a product that would be.

They’re probably right. The Scottish league is pretty pathetic. Celtic now have 9 in a row is it? But they’d be nothing more than mid table down here.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By BARTON42

They’re probably right. The Scottish league is pretty pathetic. Celtic now have 9 in a row is it? But they’d be nothing more than mid table down here.

I think they would struggle to win anywhere away. Even Norwich have better players man for man. It would be their home crowd that would help them win games but many would still be bringing 3 points home to England.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion