KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#633333 - 20/05/20 07:44 PM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: jim_beam]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Deeney has been flapping his gums again too. Donít know why that nob head gets paper time?

TBF Deeney has a baby with breathing difficulties, so I can see his concern about being exposed.

So do plenty of us mortals who havenít got the luxury of being tested twice a week and arenít multi millionaires and who get their behinds sacked if they refused to work.

Like Jim said above, if you donít feel itís safe to play then donít. But donít moan if others do and want to get this finished. Iím sure heíll get his thousands a week regardless.

Yes obviously Deeney is a special case with his new born that has difficulties that's understandable. But like Wilks says he's a completely free man to give up his job as a footballer if he wishes, he does have that luxury unlike most of us.

Just because he is paid allot doesn't mean he cannot be concerned if he has a vulnerable member of his family, like anyone who has a vulnerable member of family ATM.

He has a choice like you say, when it comes to the crunch, will he not goto work and not get paid, as you say, at least he has that choice unlike most people who couldn't afford to give up their job.

#633335 - 20/05/20 07:56 PM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
AccaBoosty Online   content
Under 23 Player

I don't think Deeney has done anything wrong. He has just said he won't be going in for training. I assume that he won't be playing. Nothing wrong with that. He has the money so it is not a problem. He is from the wrong background for this virus and he is near London. So I don't blame him.

He is fortunate that his trade pays more per week than most of us earn in a year. I would have done the same in his position. If his club is a division lower next season so be it. No different than had he been injured. His club will stick by him, he will play next season and probably earn as much. I doubt if I have much choice when I go back in two weeks.

I expect that he is doing the right thing and staying at home 24/7. I have more time for him though than the likes of Kyle Walker and a few others who have spectacularly tried to bring the sport down and have given players like Deeney a very valid reason to not be out there.

#633339 - 21/05/20 04:44 AM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
Only a few have come out against restarting so the best thing to do is respect their decision and deem them unavailable for the rest of the season, the majority want to return, get these tests done and restart.

#633350 - 21/05/20 11:07 AM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Snakeye]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Only a few have come out against restarting so the best thing to do is respect their decision and deem them unavailable for the rest of the season, the majority want to return, get these tests done and restart.

Yeah, treat them like they are injured and unavailable, it is upto their club to deal with them after discussing the circumstances.

The players will be fully monitored by doctors using the latest testing and everything done/provided for them like Isolated hotels/transport/food etc, they will be much safer than the rest of us who will not get anything like that, if we can return to work, they can under those circumstances.

It seems to have gone well in Germany, so I think the PL will follow.

#633360 - 22/05/20 03:51 PM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
Hercules/AF 58 Online   content
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By Pickles
Of course a relegation threatened club were going to somehow become victim of the Chicomm virus just as the PL is trying to get back in the groove!

Step forward Watford...

David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
∑9h
Exclusive: Watford worst-hit club in 1st round of PL #COVID19 testing so far, with 3 positive results. 1 player, 2 staff. All ok but will self-isolate 7 days. Additionally a number of players have decided against training tomorrow @TheAthleticUK
https://theathletic.com/1824186/2020/05/..._shared_article
#WatfordFC

Well there aren't many woods left in the world, and even fewer bears, so little inspiration to be found there I'm afraid! As for this current pope being a catholic? I'd venture towards the negative, considering where the church is now compared to where it was in my youth; purgatory is gone, limbo is gone, and even hell's fire has considerably cooled, thankfully. Then there's the silence of the lambs around all the current social issues, they're even harbouring notions of marriage, even the unmixed gender version. "Is the pope Catholic?" I have little doubt all 'em Legion of Mary ould-wans I knew in my youth would give that question short shrift, with emphasis very much on the negative, I suspect!

#633361 - 23/05/20 07:16 AM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

2nd Round of test results expected on Saturday for project restart. Approx' 50 players/staff tested from each club, per week so they can analyze the data to see if they can resume contact training.

I expect there to be more players/staff from PL relegation threatened clubs to test positive in the 2nd round testing for the ChiComm Virus. There is just too much money in the sport for those clubs and their staff/players to not try and invalidate the season and remain in the top tier.

#633362 - 23/05/20 09:11 AM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Yeah there will be a few Watford players down the local Asda licking shopping trolly handles.

#633363 - 23/05/20 09:34 AM Re: Do Bears sh#t in the woods? is the Pope Catholic? [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

Well we know Queen Elton's tongue has been to many far fetched places...and Troy Deeney (judging by his rants) got a head start a few weeks ago in the relegation threatened licking Olympics!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
More Games Live !! But what do you want to see on TV?
by Hercules/AF 58
Today at 01:56 PM
Opinions Please ?
by AccaBoosty
Today at 01:26 PM
The experience from Germany
by AccaBoosty
Yesterday at 08:04 PM
VIDEO: Keys and Gray interview JŁrgen Klopp
by Dunk
Yesterday at 02:10 PM
Werner the new Torres