Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
To be critical of this government saying they got it wrong on coronavirus you have to know what was the right plan? I am just interested to hear what this plan is ?

I will be waiting a long time

Re myself I have no idea but I see idiots ignoring the lockdown all the time. The government can't control the public in a free society.

Starting the lock down earlier, do massive testing, just copying Germany would have helped. Maybe you didnt follow what the Germans did...Why do you think you have higher deaths than even Italy who understandably were not well prepared? And yes, investing more in the NHS under your Tory govt would have definitely helped. Is that enough for you?

Glib solutions do massive testing ? Yeah great idea but it can't be done overnight the government are working flat out to build testing centres there's one two miles from where I live built within a week. Starting the lockdown earlier would have had people breaking the lockdown at the peak, the government got the timing right as far as I am concerned. The government has already ring fenced expenditure on the NHS and has done for the last ten years it's the only department (apart from foreign aid) that's not subject to cuts. In any case simply generally spending more on the NHS would not have prepared for the specifics of this pandemic. Simplistic solutions with no substance or understanding of practicalities so NO it's not enough for me

These are the simplistic solutions which prevented a lot more people dying in Germany and yes it was not rocket science as you seem to be looking for. I watch Sky News every day and when it was hitting Italy, they were saying that it will be harder in UK for the simple reason that there are more hospital beds in Italy. Now saying that the lockdown wouldn't have worked earlier in UK is plain stupidity unless you think the majority of UK citizens are stupid, they had weeks to watch what was happening in mainland Europe. And why didnt your government organise for testing earlier? So all fine for you then, as expected for a Tory fan, what else? Saying that the solution are too simple is laughable, seriously. Bojo understood, better late than never one would say, unlike that stupid orange ape in US

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
To be critical of this government saying they got it wrong on coronavirus you have to know what was the right plan? I am just interested to hear what this plan is ?

Re myself I have no idea but I see idiots ignoring the lockdown all the time. The government can't control the public in a free society.

Starting the lock down earlier, do massive testing, just copying Germany would have helped. Maybe you didnt follow what the Germans did...Why do you think you have higher deaths than even Italy who understandably were not well prepared? And yes, investing more in the NHS under your Tory govt would have definitely helped. Is that enough for you?

The lockdown didn’t start earlier as the government didn’t want people getting fed up and breaking it right around the time of the peak. I don’t think the public was calling for it any faster either. Germany also didn’t go into full lockdown until just one day before us on the 22nd March (they shut schools etc. on the 12th and closed 5 borders on the 15th). Looking at Italy and Spain should’ve been the way but we were tracking roughly two weeks behind them and locked down around two weeks after.

I evread that the testing is a factor but not a definitive one but will obviously help as they’d know who is a symptomatic. But one thing they seem to have done as a nation is really strictly observe the social distancing rules which some virologist’s think will have helped.

You also have to look at population density and it’s pretty high in this country compared to Germany (UK is 272/km squared(England is 424), Germany 232) so a number of deaths on its own doesn’t tell the whole story.

Things could’ve been done better but that’s easy to say with hindsight. This was something that was unprecedented so to have an exact plan for it and to know exactly the right things to do would be near on impossible.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
A Mauritian resident who thinks he can run the British nation better than its government while never setting foot in Britain outlines his qualification for the task as watching sky news

Ha ha comedy gold

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And if you watch sky news as much as you claim you will see the British public are ignoring the lockdown or rather an unsatisfactory number are. It's all over the sky news website most days.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

The lockdown didn’t start earlier as the government didn’t want people getting fed up and breaking it right around the time of the peak. I don’t think the public was calling for it any faster either. Germany also didn’t go into full lockdown until just one day before us on the 22nd March (they shut schools etc. on the 12th and closed 5 borders on the 15th). Looking at Italy and Spain should’ve been the way but we were tracking roughly two weeks behind them and locked down around two weeks after.

I evread that the testing is a factor but not a definitive one but will obviously help as they’d know who is a symptomatic. But one thing they seem to have done as a nation is really strictly observe the social distancing rules which some virologist’s think will have helped.

You also have to look at population density and it’s pretty high in this country compared to Germany (UK is 272/km squared(England is 424), Germany 232) so a number of deaths on its own doesn’t tell the whole story.

Things could’ve been done better but that’s easy to say with hindsight. This was something that was unprecedented so to have an exact plan for it and to know exactly the right things to do would be near on impossible.

So you believe a population density of 272 compared to 232 can explain 465 deaths per million compared to 90, seriously? By the way my country's population density is 623....I dont understand why you are trying to find all possible reasons to justify that your government got it right, it must be a pride thing I suppose, just like Pickles will defend the orange stupid ape, no matter what.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And if you watch sky news as much as you claim you will see the British public are ignoring the lockdown or rather an unsatisfactory number are. It's all over the sky news website most days.

If your government doesnt do anything about it then who is to blame? We have road blocks everywhere, I complain about it and think it's gone too far, cannot even go to my beach house...but i dont want to be fined and our police force is serious about it. I work in logistics and had to negotiate endlessly with authorities to be able to get our teams to deliver essentials, but looks like it is working. Dont you have laws in UK?

That adviser whose mistress cut across London for a shag, she should be made an example, this is when people will understand, but when they see those at the top getting away with this, what message does that send? The 2 countries with the highest number of death took it relatively lightly at the beginning, that's all, I dont think the British like their liberty more than others

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Britain is a free society the police can't go round setting road blocks or bashing people on the head as they do in some countries not just third world either France, Spain Italian police don't fool around. Maybe our police should be tougher I think they should there is no respect for the law in Britain however that's a big issue and you can't blame the current government for that. If a decsion was made to give British police more powers there would be hell to play with the civil liberties lobby. Our government is developing a tracing app that will save lives I will be using it. However many people are refusing to use it because they say it infringes civil liberties. That's what you are dealing with. All countries are not the same in my opinion Britain is too soft but I am afraid I am not the majority

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Britain is a free society the police can't go round setting road blocks or bashing people on the head as they do in some countries not just third world either France, Spain Italian police don't fool around. Maybe our police should be tougher I think they should there is no respect for the law in Britain however that's a big issue and you can't blame the current government for that. If a decsion was made to give British police more powers there would be hell to play with the civil liberties lobby. Our government is developing a tracing app that will save lives I will be using it. However many people are refusing to use it because they say it infringes civil liberties. That's what you are dealing with. All countries are not the same in my opinion Britain is too soft but I am afraid I am not the majority

Ok then, your government did everything right, it was just bad luck. By the way, there were no bashing people in Mauritius, but there were fines and a note on your morality certificate will follow

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I didnt say the government did everything right but nor did they do everything wrong either. This is how the italian police deal with idiots breaking the lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YEeg_Sn2I

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

So you believe a population density of 272 compared to 232 can explain 465 deaths per million compared to 90, seriously? By the way my country's population density is 623....I dont understand why you are trying to find all possible reasons to justify that your government got it right, it must be a pride thing I suppose, just like Pickles will defend the orange stupid ape, no matter what.

You also only have 1.2m people and an area of 2000km squared compared to 66m and 242500 km squared. You’re a small island and not the international hub that the UK is. Hardly comparable. Big country Vs small island in the middle of nowhere. You should be able to control it.

I’m not trying to justify anything. Just pointing out that it’s too simplistic to say that our deaths are higher than this country and that country so we’ve dealt with it worse. But simplistic seems to be the thing here.

I’m not sure if that difference in density will have that big an effect. I doubt it but it’s a factor. For me it’s the testing that would’ve made the difference. I get that at the outset there was no test for this new virus but we should e been quicker and better at doing it.

But all this will come out when the crisis is over and we can take stock. When all the variables are reported and recorded there can be a clear picture of what went on. If the government are found to have been negligent then I’ll be on their case as quick as the next man. But this stupid blame game at this point in time will achieve nothing.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 09/05/20 09:11 PM.
Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion