Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By van Gogh
It's also about keeping a whole squad happy.

With world class players sulking on the bench it could be hard to maintain a togetherness like the one Klopp has built in Liverpool.

How is City managing in your opinion? Dont you think we need an attacker even if our 3 attackers get in the team probably first?

Klopp will know if we need an attacker, I am sure if he needs one, he will buy one, like he identified we needed a top CB & GK, so he bought VvD & Alisson, he is not stupid, if it is required, he will do it. But if he thinks Brewster is good enough and he can develop him further to his system, he might do that, as Wilkij said, Klopp & his coaches work with these players everyday, they know what they need. Klopp has always said he doesn't like working with big squads, I am guessing City's squad size is not what klopp wants with 6 top internationals sat on the bench earning £200K a week, which could cause problems with the overall squad, look at how Sane has been a problem at City for the last year with all the speculation.

Reports are Klopp has spoken with Werner's people and we are interested, so I am guessing we will make a move if we can in the current circumstances and if RB will sell.

If that is true, why according to you we didnt do it last summer, Werner was as good then? That said, I dont feel it will happen unless we sell for the same kind of money or more, a bit like what happened after selling Coutinho. We all know Klopp wanted V Dijk and Alisson, but would he have got the funds without selling?

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 21/05/20 11:14 AM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Klopp will know if we need an attacker, I am sure if he needs one, he will buy one, like he identified we needed a top CB & GK, so he bought VvD & Alisson, he is not stupid, if it is required, he will do it. But if he thinks Brewster is good enough and he can develop him further to his system, he might do that, as Wilkij said, Klopp & his coaches work with these players everyday, they know what they need. Klopp has always said he doesn't like working with big squads, I am guessing City's squad size is not what klopp wants with 6 top internationals sat on the bench earning £200K a week, which could cause problems with the overall squad, look at how Sane has been a problem at City for the last year with all the speculation.

Reports are Klopp has spoken with Werner's people and we are interested, so I am guessing we will make a move if we can in the current circumstances and if RB will sell.

If that is true, why according to you we didnt do it last summer, Werner was as good then? That said, I dont feel it will happen unless we sell for the same kind of money or more, a bit like what happened after selling Coutinho. We all know Klopp wanted V Dijk and Alisson, but would he have got the funds without selling?

Didn't Werner sign a new contract with RB last summer?

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/20...smann-mintzlaff

that gave him release clauses for a year later and protected his value for RB, so I doubt we were ever going to sign him then.

I think Klopp was planning to use Brewster more this season, as he said in pre-season, but that didn't work out as planned I guess, maybe that is why he is more interested now? but we will never know as fans as Klopp cannot say he wants a player as we have had our fingers burnt by that before.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

that gave him release clauses for a year later and protected his value for RB, so I doubt we were ever going to sign him then.

I think Klopp was planning to use Brewster more this season, as he said in pre-season, but that didn't work out as planned I guess, maybe that is why he is more interested now? but we will never know as fans as Klopp cannot say he wants a player as we have had our fingers burnt by that before.

Yes he signed a new contract as he was going into the last year of this contract. As he had one year left, we could have negotiated to bring him in, as you know, prices go down in the last year of a players contract. Thinking Brewster could be as good as Werner this year would have been foolish and I dont think Klopp being that

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Yes he signed a new contract as he was going into the last year of this contract. As he had one year left, we could have negotiated to bring him in, as you know, prices go down in the last year of a players contract. Thinking Brewster could be as good as Werner this year would have been foolish and I dont think Klopp being that

We could have done that, but it depends on the player also, I think he was happy to sign a new deal to protect RB as they have developed him, we also have a good relationship with RB judging by the way we signed Keita.

I don't think Klopp wanted to bring Werner in last summer or he would have done a deal, Klopp did say he was planning to use Brewster more, that does not mean he is as good/better than Werner, Brewster is still developing being young, we also have Origi who had a great end to the season in big games, with the front 3 we have, it will be difficult to bring in a top player to sit on the bench allot of the time, which is one of Klopp's concerns.

I think we should bring in a quality forward like Werner for the forward line, we need better cover and we have enough games to play/rotate, if a key forward like Mane, Salah or Bobby get a long term injury, we would struggle to replace them.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

We could have done that, but it depends on the player also, I think he was happy to sign a new deal to protect RB as they have developed him, we also have a good relationship with RB judging by the way we signed Keita.

I don't think Klopp wanted to bring Werner in last summer or he would have done a deal, Klopp did say he was planning to use Brewster more, that does not mean he is as good/better than Werner, Brewster is still developing being young, we also have Origi who had a great end to the season in big games, with the front 3 we have, it will be difficult to bring in a top player to sit on the bench allot of the time, which is one of Klopp's concerns.

I think we should bring in a quality forward like Werner for the forward line, we need better cover and we have enough games to play/rotate, if a key forward like Mane, Salah or Bobby get a long term injury, we would struggle to replace them

Agree, and IMO the situation was the same last summer. As I said, I dont think we'll bring Werner unless we sell even if Klopp wants him. I would be happy to be wrong, let's watch how it goes

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

I think we should bring in a quality forward like Werner for the forward line, we need better cover and we have enough games to play/rotate, if a key forward like Mane, Salah or Bobby get a long term injury, we would struggle to replace them

Agree, and IMO the situation was the same last summer. As I said, I dont think we'll bring Werner unless we sell even if Klopp wants him. I would be happy to be wrong, let's watch how it goes

At least we agree on something at last smile

I am more optimistic that if Klopp want's him, we will sign him.

Let's see what happens.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

At least we agree on something at last smile

I am more optimistic that if Klopp want's him, we will sign him.

Let's see what happens.

It looks like Klopp wants him from the different rumours, let's see if he is signed.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion