Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
City and United have cancelled their pre season programme which does not bode well for next season starting on time

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Some kind of prediction software could be used to take into account form and opponents etc. Would be much better than just losing the whole season.

Championship manager.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
The latest being mooted by certain PL clubs is that they are fine to finish the season at neutral grounds BUT as long as there is no relegation involved at the end of it. I think this sort of approach is going to ultimately lead to a void season. If a void season is declared for this reason I am pretty sure we will NOT be awarded the title.

Looking at the bottom 6 in detail and there can be an argument made by Villa who have played one game less at home and who average more points at home than the other 5 teams. But that is about it.

But looking at all of the bottom 6 Norwich, Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford they have only won FIVE of their last five games at home between them. So thats 25 games out of 30 for these six teams where the result did not yield a home win. Their argument for home field advantage really holds no water.

Brighton seem to be moaning the most and they have home games v Arsenal, Us and both Manchester teams before the end of the season. With no fans it really does not matter where the games are played. A stadium devoid of atmosphere is the same for both clubs.

So if we get going again we must have the final standings mean something. I would allow Villa one game to be played on their own pitch to even things up and then after that it's every man Jack for themselves to avoid the drop.

It is almost looking like certain teams want to vote against starting up again as it proves an excellent way out. If the PL has moved heaven and earth to arrange the completion of the league then in the spirit of the game those in the bottom 3 places should accept their fate.

If we end with a void season I hope the PL would take sanctions against those clubs stopping the season by withdrawing parachute payments should they be subsequently relegated in the next season.

There are clubs in the Championship who spent money on players and their contracts to gain promotion to the PL. Likewise on a smaller scale but no less important are those sides in League 1 and League 2 trying to go up a level.

I see no reason for teams who have had a poor season to be given a second bite at survival. Don't think I have ever seen a team relegated that deserved to stay up. They are in those bottom places for a reason.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I read that earlier. It’s just desperation from those who are threatened with relegation. Like you say, they’re down there for a reason so to do this to try and avoid it is cynical to say the least.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
The latest being mooted by certain PL clubs is that they are fine to finish the season at neutral grounds BUT as long as there is no relegation involved at the end of it. I think this sort of approach is going to ultimately lead to a void season. If a void season is declared for this reason I am pretty sure we will NOT be awarded the title.

Looking at the bottom 6 in detail and there can be an argument made by Villa who have played one game less at home and who average more points at home than the other 5 teams. But that is about it.

But looking at all of the bottom 6 Norwich, Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford they have only won FIVE of their last five games at home between them. So thats 25 games out of 30 for these six teams where the result did not yield a home win. Their argument for home field advantage really holds no water.

Brighton seem to be moaning the most and they have home games v Arsenal, Us and both Manchester teams before the end of the season. With no fans it really does not matter where the games are played. A stadium devoid of atmosphere is the same for both clubs.

So if we get going again we must have the final standings mean something. I would allow Villa one game to be played on their own pitch to even things up and then after that it's every man Jack for themselves to avoid the drop.

It is almost looking like certain teams want to vote against starting up again as it proves an excellent way out. If the PL has moved heaven and earth to arrange the completion of the league then in the spirit of the game those in the bottom 3 places should accept their fate.

If we end with a void season I hope the PL would take sanctions against those clubs stopping the season by withdrawing parachute payments should they be subsequently relegated in the next season.

There are clubs in the Championship who spent money on players and their contracts to gain promotion to the PL. Likewise on a smaller scale but no less important are those sides in League 1 and League 2 trying to go up a level.

I see no reason for teams who have had a poor season to be given a second bite at survival. Don't think I have ever seen a team relegated that deserved to stay up. They are in those bottom places for a reason.

They are talking shyte, so they couldn't beat the weaker teams in their stadiums filled with fans but think they have a better chance against the stronger teams? They just want to find a way of not getting relegated, full stop

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I read that earlier. It’s just desperation from those who are threatened with relegation. Like you say, they’re down there for a reason so to do this to try and avoid it is cynical to say the least.

That's exactly what's happening it's a farce if it's allowed to come to fruition

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

That's exactly what's happening it's a farce if it's allowed to come to fruition

Yep, they are using this as an excuse to negotiate safety from relegation.

They should just say any team who refuses to take part in the neutral ground plan forfeits the game to their opposition, they will think twice then!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion