Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well they did nothing wrong as the scheme is there for every business to use.

What they are is a business who wanted to use a scheme to protect workers jobs. Like I’ve said before, if it’s there to use and you look at it logically from a business point of view it makes sense to use it. I’m starting my 2 month stretch today and don’t feel any less valued as an employee. I get to sit on my chuff for two months doing nothing on full pay. What’s not to like?

Yes nothing wrong from a business perspective but completely wrong from a moral point of view

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As a business they have a duty to look after their staff and to protect jobs. This scheme is for protecting jobs. Is it that morally wrong to use it as all businesses are? My company are a multi million turnover business who are cash rich and I’m on it. Or is it again just an excuse to have a go at the club? I think I know the answer to that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As a business they have a duty to look after their staff and to protect jobs. This scheme is for protecting jobs. Is it that morally wrong to use it as all businesses are? My company are a multi million turnover business who are cash rich and I’m on it. Or is it again just an excuse to have a go at the club? I think I know the answer to that.

If your business is cash rich, then yes it's morally wrong IMO, this should be meant for companies struggling but some are profiteering. They can probably get away with it as they are not in the lime light.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

If your business is cash rich, then yes it's morally wrong IMO, this should be meant for companies struggling but some are profiteering. They can probably get away with it as they are not in the lime light.

I guess its very difficult to means test a company, I think the government were hoping that companies would be fair and ethical to only use the option if they really needed it to retain staff/keep running, sadly most companies will use any means to maximise profit.

The government should have put a message out that use would be reviewed afterwards and any abuse of the system woulr be dealt with, like they have warned self employed their tax rates are likely to change in the future, so maybe make companies think twice.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Any business that loses its revenue streams or has a massive reduction in them will struggle, even the biggest of football clubs. They should’ve looked to other alternatives first (maybe they did) but they have done nothing wrong, broken no rules or laws. Plenty of other big business will be using this when they ‘don’t need to’ yet football gets picked on.

My work place aren’t profiteering either. We’ve had a reduction in business and you can only live off the cash you have for so long. They’re essentially making sure they stay afloat and that I and the others in this have jobs to come back to. I don’t feel any less of an employee or less valued because of it. Is that morally wrong of them?

Last edited by wilkij1975; 08/04/20 02:36 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Any business that loses its revenue streams or has a massive reduction in them will struggle, even the biggest of football clubs. They should’ve looked to other alternatives first (maybe they did) but they have done nothing wrong, broken no rules or laws. Plenty of other big business will be using this when they ‘don’t need to’ yet football gets picked on.

My work place aren’t profiteering either. We’ve had a reduction in business and you can only live off the cash you have for so long. They’re essentially making sure they stay afloat and that I and the others in this have jobs to come back to. I don’t feel any less of an employee or less valued because of it. Is that morally wrong of them?

If it was not morally wrong they wouldn't have changed their decision, as simple as that. You can think whatever you want

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well thank you for allowing me to think what I want.

Why was it not ‘morally right’ then?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A

What they are is a business who wanted to use a scheme to protect workers jobs. Like I’ve said before, if it’s there to use and you look at it logically from a business point of view it makes sense to use it. I’m starting my 2 month stretch today and don’t feel any less valued as an employee. I get to sit on my chuff for two months doing nothing on full pay. What’s not to like?

I have been furloughed too. But overall I don't like it. Somewhere along the line we will all pay. And for those of us working it will be 4 or 5 times what you were given for this relatively short period of time. You may benefit to the tune of £3k to £5k for now but in the years to come we are going to get shafted financially. In order to get everybody back to normal there are going to be many taxes both direct and indirect. Your pension in the future will be well and truly fukked over.

I would rather be back in an industry like retail and working every day although the price to pay for the normal person in the street currently working is the ultimate sacrifice. I feel happy that we are shielded but the price we will all pay when this is done is going to be immense.

For starters we are bound to get a year added onto retirement age almost immediately. Think how much that will cost you in extra work and tax. We ain't getting this for free.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

I have been furloughed too. But overall I don't like it. Somewhere along the line we will all pay. And for those of us working it will be 4 or 5 times what you were given for this relatively short period of time. You may benefit to the tune of £3k to £5k for now but in the years to come we are going to get shafted financially. In order to get everybody back to normal there are going to be many taxes both direct and indirect. Your pension in the future will be well and truly fukked over.

I would rather be back in an industry like retail and working every day although the price to pay for the normal person in the street currently working is the ultimate sacrifice. I feel happy that we are shielded but the price we will all pay when this is done is going to be immense.

For starters we are bound to get a year added onto retirement age almost immediately. Think how much that will cost you in extra work and tax. We ain't getting this for free.

Nope. Nothing is free in this life and as you say, we’ll have to pay this back somehow. But the alternative was losing my job straight away with nothing. I’d rather keep my job under this scheme and pay it back in years to come. It should also keep businesses afloat and hopefully keep the job market going once this is over.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well thank you for allowing me to think what I want.

Why was it not ‘morally right’ then?

Send a letter to the club, they might explain why they changed their view, maybe you'll understand then, but if you dont, I wont lose any sleep.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion