Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
And our health service is not free it's paid for by the taxpayer something I am happy to do but don't call it free

Yes, a government's revenue is through taxes and it's a way for those who have to pay those who dont have, so it's free for those who dont have the means. This is what defines the generosity of a society

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
You do realise that the NHS is largely funded by general taxation, with a small amount being contributed by National Insurance Stamp payments, Vish?

Everybody pays Value Added Tax in the UK for goods and services that includes those who are unemployed. So it's NOT FREE!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
You do realise that the NHS is largely funded by general taxation, with a small amount being contributed by National Insurance Stamp payments, Vish?

Everybody pays Value Added Tax in the UK for goods and services that includes those who are unemployed. So it's NOT FREE!

If course its not free but wealthy people pay taxes more and therefore pay for the health care of the needy. Dont you think it's a good thing? As a society I think on health issues people shouldn't be selfish, pay low taxes while others cannot afford proper treatment. I told you a few weeks back that having to pay for tests is going to backfire big time in US, this is what's happening unfortunately

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 01/04/20 07:20 PM.
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The tests are free!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
The tests are free!

Great (is it true it became free on the 18th March), and I hope the treatment as well which would be new to the US, ie, people not having to pay for healthcare. Question is, why only in the current situation, this should have been a norm in any nation having the resources of the US a bit what Obama wanted to do no? Dont know what you think of the article below

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/opinion/coronavirus-test-cost-bill.html

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 02/04/20 12:20 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
And our health service is not free it's paid for by the taxpayer something I am happy to do but don't call it free

Yes, a government's revenue is through taxes and it's a way for those who have to pay those who dont have, so it's free for those who dont have the means. This is what defines the generosity of a society

I don't disagree however the American people prefer their system and I know you like to tell other countries how to run their business but it's a democratic decision for the American people. Had they wanted a British system they would have voted for it 70 years ago

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I don't disagree however the American people prefer their system and I know you like to tell other countries how to run their business but it's a democratic decision for the American people. Had they wanted a British system they would have voted for it 70 years ago

Sure, but I can also have a view and comment what I think, is that ok with you? It looks like they have quickly changed their opinion with the Covid 19 with tests now and I think treatment free of charge, that's great IMO for the needy.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
My point was there must be some advantage to the America system otherwise they would not have it. I worked in America and discussed with a local they have much greater choice over treatment options than here in U.K. in the U.K. you see your doctor and the process starts from there you have little choice who and how you are treated. The American system is much more self service and choice. I prefer the British system for many of the reasons you give but it's not a case of British all good America all bad there are pros and cons to both. Remember most of Europe is closer to American system than British

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
My point was there must be some advantage to the America system otherwise they would not have it. I worked in America and discussed with a local they have much greater choice over treatment options than here in U.K. in the U.K. you see your doctor and the process starts from there you have little choice who and how you are treated. The American system is much more self service and choice. I prefer the British system for many of the reasons you give but it's not a case of British all good America all bad there are pros and cons to both. Remember most of Europe is closer to American system than British

I know it's paid by the social security (govt) in France as well, dont know about others. Dont you have a private system if you want in UK as well if you want a bigger choice as you say?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Interesting...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion