Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I agree with this. There's influenza pandemic's every year and many many people die. I'm not saying 'thats life' but if we're implementing martial law lockdowns over this, what's next?

What's just as worrying is how easy it's been to persuade people it's in their own interest to be locked up. I've just moved to Portugal (literally one of the last flights out) and if you suggest taking your dog a walk in the forums you get crucified. Yes it's bad, but people need some perspective.

The long term repurcussions of these policies is scary. People are wary of each other, suspicious even, massive debt and huge unemployment, people are struggling to eat in India already, people's physical and mental health will detoriate and how long is this planned for? Shutting the schools stops children building up immunity and this thing isn't going anywhere fast.

Isolate the old and most vulnerable. The rest of us can keep society going and make sure they're looked after.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Until there is an adequate amount of PPE, medication and ventilators it would be a massive mistake. Governments have been scratching around for this stuff so until then lockdowns need to be done. It isn't just the old and infirm who are at risk (although they do make up the vast majority of mortalities) there is longterm implications for everybody who gets this virus. Folks lung capacity is showing to be affected with a drop off by 20 to 30% and there is now signs that other organ damage is occuring in patients who have recovered. Until we know the full facts there has to be lockdowns and quarantines.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
I agree with this. There's influenza pandemic's every year and many many people die. I'm not saying 'thats life' but if we're implementing martial law lockdowns over this, what's next?

What's just as worrying is how easy it's been to persuade people it's in their own interest to be locked up. I've just moved to Portugal (literally one of the last flights out) and if you suggest taking your dog a walk in the forums you get crucified. Yes it's bad, but people need some perspective.

The long term repurcussions of these policies is scary. People are wary of each other, suspicious even, massive debt and huge unemployment, people are struggling to eat in India already, people's physical and mental health will detoriate and how long is this planned for? Shutting the schools stops children building up immunity and this thing isn't going anywhere fast.

Isolate the old and most vulnerable. The rest of us can keep society going and make sure they're looked after.

This is what I thought initially until I saw the situation in Italy and it is not only the old that need treatment and die, in italy doctors had to choose who to treat and who to let die, this is quite difficult for any society. The world will change massively after this, China will definitely be the biggest economy with the highest number of companies in the Forbes 500. It is happening right now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
How convenient for China? Start this mess then come out of it in the best shape. Some might say it was planned?

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
And their animal market is apparently reopened today.

And on top of that they say it (Corona) is a foreign problem now! Very bad taste considering what they have started up!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Time the rest of the world as a whole denounced them and then boycott all their products. The world doesn’t need cock Wombles like them if we all work together.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Exactly!

The rest of the world need to reclaim what we have handed out to them with regards to all the electronics we buy from them.

We just can't rely on them, and also China is being run as a dictatorship, which doesn't sit right with me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I’m sure there’s nothing that they make that we couldn’t all make ourselves. Would probably be better than the cheap rubbish that mostly comes out of there too.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I’m sure there’s nothing that they make that we couldn’t all make ourselves. Would probably be better than the cheap rubbish that mostly comes out of there too.

But prices will shoot up and a lot of people wont be able to afford

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
That's true Vish.

We need to find better ways than relying on China though.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion