Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
And can I add 2 million Ethiopians died between 1983 and 1984 and we in the western world did precisely nothing.

makes you think.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
[quote=wilkij1975]Well the economy will be fecked that’s for sure. I bet people ain’t so worried about brexit now.

It won't be the next generation of workers, it will be us and as soon as this is over we will be facing a mountain of debt. I am guessing that anyone who has saved all their lives for their pension will see it disappear. At best it will be the end of state pension if you have previously saved up for your own. And it will be the lower paid who will be shafted yet again.

I think this is why there is still a race to get out of this ever before we have hit the peak. The Chinese are going to have the drop on the whole world. Europe either in or out of EU will not be a prosperous place. For the UK without manufacturing at its heart there will be years of struggle.

In the meantime stay well everyone and don't go out if you can help it.

I agree, we will all be paying, but the next generation will be paying all their lives, allot of us are near the end of our working lives, they will also lose allot of the benefits we have had, such as NHS/Unemployment Benefit/old age Care etc, these will all be cut back or just end. Taxes are going to be raised to try and pay this, the chancellor fired a shot back at the Self Employed yesterday to expect them to contribute more in the future for this.

Hopefully things like house prices/rents will come down from the stupid high values they have been for years, as people just will not be able to afford them.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The fecking Chinese should be paying for this not us! It came out of their disgusting markets (allegedly) and now the rest of the world will be in huge debt because they want to behave like animals.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I see old man Steptoe has piped up claiming his policies were right after the governments pledges. What a proper moron he is and what a time to be playing politics. Moronic scumbag.

D
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
D
I agree with this. It's not heartless. I think it's the only way. Next year we'll be moaning about child poverty, suicide statsitics, the lack of hope for the young. The number of old people we keep alive can't be the only stat.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
And can I add 2 million Ethiopians died between 1983 and 1984 and we in the western world did precisely nothing.

makes you think.

I remember me "LIVE AID FEED THE WORLD" T-Shirt and the vinyl record I bought with a christmas gift certificate at HMV in 1984
Thank You Very Much!

D500 #632371 28/03/20 01:04 PM
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
Originally Posted By D500
I agree with this. It's not heartless. I think it's the only way. Next year we'll be moaning about child poverty, suicide statsitics, the lack of hope for the young. The number of old people we keep alive can't be the only stat.

If you express that view or even suggest it you get labeled heartless.

Our life expectancy has increased in such a short time from mid 40s to late 80s, only 100 years ago you rarely had people living past late 50s.

Of course we must show compassion when anyone passed away but its part of being alive, you are born and you die.

This quest to prevent deaths of the elderly will destroy the future for our young. If people though austerity was tough when we get to the other side it will be 10 x worse.

Its not sustainable for our economy or to keep the country in lockdown.

As someone who works in the pharmaceutical industry, I very much doubt we will get a cure for at least 3 years and that's being very optimistic. We haven't even developed a cure for SARS or MERS and they arose in 2012.

Some tough decisions need to be made in the next 3 months.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I don't want to be heartless but why are we doing all this?

lockdown?
destroying the economy for the next 30 years.

ok we may save 100000 of the elderly and vulnerable, I don't want to appear heartless but the majority of those will die of another affliction in 3-5 years.

yes I know some younger people can cat h it and die but that's a very low percentage.

we will not get herd immunity if we stay inside.

what should be done is to tell the elderly you have to stay in for 8 months if you come out you will die.

all i see in the uk is the elderly waiting outside busy supermarkets, its mad, in the meanwhile we have our freedom and liberty destroyed.

If you go down the herd route. I think you would see lots of people in their early 60's die, That's too young. I've been reading some articles about Bergamo in Italy. The Red Cross are coming to people's houses, people are half dead, people know they are dying. But they still leave them in their homes because they are overcrowded in the hospitals. They come back when they are near death and take them in.

I read about families there having to drive to other towns to find oxygen for their loved ones. As they have ran out or cannot get it in time. Families getting wiped out. This is only what I am reading I am sure there is more horror stories

If the UK went full herd like Borris wanted. Then you would literally have people dying on the streets. It's a war zone already I cannot imagine what it would be like to let it go like that. You just cannot do that.

One way or another yes there will be a lot of suffering after it

Last edited by paul66; 28/03/20 06:24 PM.
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
I don't think Boris ever wanted to go full herd, he is 55, unfit and would be at risk of you reckon 60s would die.

Myself it looks like the elderly with underlying health issues are the ones most at risk.

In my view of the government had told them in plain english, if you do not isolate for 8 months you have a 95% chance of catching covid 19 and passing away, and then allowed the rest of society to carry on as normal, that would have been sufficient and resulted in less deaths than we are seeing now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don't think Boris ever wanted to go full herd, he is 55, unfit and would be at risk of you reckon 60s would die.

Myself it looks like the elderly with underlying health issues are the ones most at risk.

In my view of the government had told them in plain english, if you do not isolate for 8 months you have a 95% chance of catching covid 19 and passing away, and then allowed the rest of society to carry on as normal, that would have been sufficient and resulted in less deaths than we are seeing now.

This is what Israel is doing I think, you also need to include the other vulnerable

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion