KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#632342 - 25/03/20 06:50 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: D500]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
This is so big I don't think life will ever be the same again. The politically fashionable global warming will I fear not be heard of much again. Biological is the main threat to mankind and once (if) we get over this we need to put our resources into protecting against this threat which will include our medical infrastructure. I also fear the world economy may take a very long time to recover perhaps decades and austerity will be with us all that time.

Sorry to me so pessimistic but I cannot see any good side other than it might wake us up to the real issues

#632343 - 25/03/20 08:32 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: Stanley Park]
wilkij1975 Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Well the economy will be fecked thatís for sure. I bet people ainít so worried about brexit now.

#632344 - 25/03/20 08:50 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well the economy will be fecked thatís for sure. I bet people ainít so worried about brexit now.

They might be when we are rock bottom and trying to negotiate deals, when the Euro countries are working together to recover.

At the end of the day, we will all be paying huge taxes for this going forward, I feel sorry for the next generation of workers who will have to cover all these debts, people think the government are paying for this, it's us that are paying, the government put in these measures which will be paid for by the workers!

We will see....

#632345 - 26/03/20 01:41 AM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: Pickles]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By Pickles
Government / Local Councils need to put in place stricter rules on grocery stores to make sure everybody gets a fairer share whilst everybody is on lockdown. Stock pilers are cheating everybody else and I'll bet there's folks out there that currently have next to nothing.

They set a limit over here, you are only allowed two items of anything, eg, 2 cans tuna, 2 cans baked beans, 2 types of cleaning products across all brands which stopped people from hoarding.

#632347 - 26/03/20 07:58 AM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: Stanley Park]
Liverpool Legend

Yeah same over here. The supermarkets are starting to limit the number of people going in too. Theyíre mainly doing a one out one in thing.

#632349 - 26/03/20 02:14 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: Stanley Park]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

I agree we need to restrict quantities of what people can buy, the panic buying was selfish and stupid. But I am shopping for my parents as my elderly father is on the Isolation list as he has chronic COPD so is staying at home for 12 weeks with my mother. I tried to buy 2 double packs of milk and they refused me saying 1 pack only, I said it just means I have to come out again in a few days as 1 bottle of milk for a family of 3 and 1 for a family of 2 will only last a few days if I split the packs!

So it has to be done sensibly, lots of people are shopping for multiple households ATM, helping elderly isolated family/neighbours etc, I am hoping to do a shop a week, if I am reduced drastically on quantities, it means I will need to do 2 shops a week, which is not good for anyone, as I am being potentially exposed to the virus on every shop and I am also making the shops busier.

#632350 - 26/03/20 02:55 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: Stanley Park]
Liverpool Legend

Thatís the problem now and is a consequence of the panic buying. I thought there was going to be food deliveries for those on the most at risk list? My father in law got his letter today and theyíve no way of ordering for delivery themselves. Weíre 100 miles away too so canít physically go to the shop for them.

#632351 - 26/03/20 03:20 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Thatís the problem now and is a consequence of the panic buying. I thought there was going to be food deliveries for those on the most at risk list? My father in law got his letter today and theyíve no way of ordering for delivery themselves. Weíre 100 miles away too so canít physically go to the shop for them.

I think they are trying to work out how to implement it all, the logistics are so difficult, I think this is partly what is behind the volunteer recruitment drive, so they can contact older/vulnerable and deliver for them etc.

#632352 - 26/03/20 03:28 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: ecnirp98]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Another good thing is parliament has closed down all they were doing is getting in the way of government dealing with this by political point scoring we need that now like a hole in the head.

Hopefully now the government can make progress and I think they are slowly but surely testing kits are coming out in the millions soon and we are building the hospitalisation infrastructure where I live most people are sticking to the guidelines but maybe 10% idiots are not. It would not be so bad if the idiots got the disease but Unfortunetly they are helping to give it innocents who try to do the right thing

#632353 - 26/03/20 11:09 PM Re: HOW IS EVERYONE ? [Re: ecnirp98]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By ecnirp98

They might be when we are rock bottom and trying to negotiate deals, when the Euro countries are working together to recover.

At the end of the day, we will all be paying huge taxes for this going forward, I feel sorry for the next generation of workers who will have to cover all these debts, people think the government are paying for this, it's us that are paying, the government put in these measures which will be paid for by the workers!

We will see....

It won't be the next generation of workers, it will be us and as soon as this is over we will be facing a mountain of debt. I am guessing that anyone who has saved all their lives for their pension will see it disappear. At best it will be the end of state pension if you have previously saved up for your own. And it will be the lower paid who will be shafted yet again.

I think this is why there is still a race to get out of this ever before we have hit the peak. The Chinese are going to have the drop on the whole world. Europe either in or out of EU will not be a prosperous place. For the UK without manufacturing at its heart there will be years of struggle.

In the meantime stay well everyone and don't go out if you can help it.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Liverpool place some non-playing staff on furlough
by wilkij1975
07/04/20 02:07 PM
Rank these in order
by Stanley Park
07/04/20 09:52 AM
Should Players Take a Pay Cut?