Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
They seem to be getting more organised in supermarkets now in Tesco they had security guards by the tills checking you had not bought more than one of each item

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Until the mouth breathers all goes out and stock pile again today after the announcement.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Until the mouth breathers all goes out and stock pile again today after the announcement.

Everytime there will be panic there will be stockpiling. Better to extend supermarkets working hrs and do quotas

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
There’s no need for it though. Food is still being produced and getting on to the shelves. They’re allowed to deliver for longer and are putting extra staff on. Supermarkets (big ones) were open 24 hours but were still being emptied. It’s nuts.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Up to 205 now, country went into a 4 week lockdown as of today, I went to shop yesterday and there were police at the door with a queue of about 100 people and this was 15 minutes before opening. Went in and half shelves were empty so I couldn't get half of the stuff on my list. I'll just wait until we have absolutely nothing untim I go out again as delivery and click and collect were fully booked.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Good luck Snakey. Hope you get some stuff in soon. Delivery and click and collect are booking about 3 weeks in advance here too.

My mum and dad are in Australia and trying to get back. They’re staying with family so no issues with hotels etc. but they still want to get back.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Thanks mate and I hope your parents make it back safely.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Government / Local Councils need to put in place stricter rules on grocery stores to make sure everybody gets a fairer share whilst everybody is on lockdown. Stock pilers are cheating everybody else and I'll bet there's folks out there that currently have next to nothing.

D
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
D
If we had just had very strict isolation for old and vulnerable people - statistically the only ones that are at serious risk, we could have circumvented most of the debt we will now suffer for decades. I feel for the next generation. Stockpiling will stop once people realise they can get food - it's already clear in my local shops, that a lot of the panic is ebbing away. When we look at our future tax bills etc, there will be no panic, just despair.

D500 #632342 25/03/20 06:50 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
This is so big I don't think life will ever be the same again. The politically fashionable global warming will I fear not be heard of much again. Biological is the main threat to mankind and once (if) we get over this we need to put our resources into protecting against this threat which will include our medical infrastructure. I also fear the world economy may take a very long time to recover perhaps decades and austerity will be with us all that time.

Sorry to me so pessimistic but I cannot see any good side other than it might wake us up to the real issues

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion