Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#632283 21/03/20 01:31 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Just hope all are well and we all survive this and our close ones.

Pretty surreal here in the UK everywhere in lockdown what I have noticed when going to the shops still people about but there is a strange silence social chatting seems to be very quiet. Went to the pub with friends for the last time last night probably for months maybe years maybe forever. Probably not advised but I felt better for it.

I don't feel scared just frustrated and irritated that we cant live our lives.

Things we used to take for granted shops without shelves stripped by idiots and god do you remember the days when we could go to a football match ? That seems another world now

Last edited by Stanley Park; 21/03/20 01:32 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Just hope all are well and we all survive this and our close ones.

Pretty surreal here in the UK everywhere in lockdown what I have noticed when going to the shops still people about but there is a strange silence social chatting seems to be very quiet. Went to the pub with friends for the last time last night probably for months maybe years maybe forever. Probably not advised but I felt better for it.

I don't feel scared just frustrated and irritated that we cant live our lives.

Things we used to take for granted shops without shelves stripped by idiots and god do you remember the days when we could go to a football match ? That seems another world now

2nd day of lockdown except for essential services including supermarkets, pharmacies and takeaways. As I work on logistics went to work yesterday to get things organised for next week, but still not clear who will be allowed to work and not

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Where I live it's out in the sticks, fairly rural however it's only a matter of time before it "Officially" hits here...I say officially because I believe it's already here it's just that folks who are carrying it don't know it yet.

All restaurants are curb side pickup, grocery stores have implemented shorter opening and closing times to then clean the stores when closed. My local Doctors Office has set up triage tents in their parking lot.

Chain hardware DIY stores like Home Depot and Lowe's have shortened their opening and closing times. However folks just DON'T get it and are being complete idiots in carrying on as usual, believing they're invincible to this virus. They are a danger to themselves, their Families and all around them. They are not practicing social distancing, they are taking advantage of stores that are still open treating them as normal, picking up product putting it back down, coughing, sneezing, breathing on each other and the poor staff who are scared witless.

Now is not the time for painting the spare bedroom or hanging up blinds people...get a f..cuking grip!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
People believing this is just the flu need to see this video.

Tara Jane Langston was a 39-year-old fit and healthy married mother of two before she contracted the virus and was hospitalised in intensive care!

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Every day just brings more bad news. Hopefully the measures taken will work and we can all get back to normal. But normal looks a long way off and when it comes it will be a new normal if you know what I mean.

Very quiet in the local market today, only a few traders so very few customers. Got some nice cheese. Have to support these traders or they will stop coming. The one local supermarket is already showing signs of profiteering on bread and milk.

Overall we are OK here and nice to hear that people just want to connect to check everyone is OK. Social media can drive you crazy so it is nice to come here and talk to people who have something in common.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
No new cases in Italy today, has it peaked? Looks like Spain has the highest growth rate now

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Third day of self isolating after the baby had a cold that run a fever. Probably over kill but you never know.

I just despair at the stick piling. I’m not sure how long people think they’ll be stuck in for and how many dumps they’ll go for? As I can’t go out we’ll do our usual online shop but who knows what will turn up. The selfish “I’m alright” mentality of these shoulder biting window lickers is beyond belief. They’d be a waste of a good bullet!

There’s enough to go round. Shops will remain open and food will still arrive.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
No new cases in Italy today, has it peaked? Looks like Spain has the highest growth rate now

Was wrong, just updated, record number of infections and death in Italy today, more than 6000 new cases

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Where did you see this, Vish?

I see 6,557 new cases and 793 deaths today in Italy.

Check this site: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Scroll down a bit until you come to the chart with info per country. I've added this address as an app on the phone homescreen to keep myself updated.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Doing ok in Manchester, UK, been WFH for the last week, as I work in IT, so support systems around the world.

My son finished school yesterday for how long no one knows! ventured out yesterday for some fresh milk and was a strange atmosphere, lots of supermarkets limiting how many products people can buy, so hopefully that will put an end to the stockpiling.

Keep safe everyone.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion