Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
This article echoes what we've discussed here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...y-a9402791.html

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yep I agree Mighty.

Think back to a week ago and what you were doing or planning on doing. Think back to 2 weeks ago. Then 3 weeks ago.

Even 3 weeks ago this was not a threat to our sport. Now our sport is pretty much irrelevant.

It has taken me a long time to accept that. We all need to accept it before we can move on.

For once Shankly was wrong. But look what it took to prove it !

I hope we all get out of this in one piece Koptalkers and find once again Shankly was right.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
This article echoes what we've discussed here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...y-a9402791.html

I think the next step will be games behind closed doors because a 3 weeks stop means more than 14 days quarantine for the footballers and coaching staff

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well even if that happens, after the latest from the government, we won’t be able to go to the pub to watch etc.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well even if that happens, after the latest from the government, we won’t be able to go to the pub to watch etc.

It will probably be on sky sports as the Sunday games and Saturday early and late kick offs. For me it wont be different as I already get all games live. I prefer this to voiding the season

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 16/03/20 06:49 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If course. Voiding the season shouldn’t even be an option. There’s nothing to say we can start next season on time even if we could finish this season.

I’d not rush it back. Just finish it when it’s safe to do so whether that’s April, May, August, September or even next January! Get this season finished one way or another and not worry about next season or have a one game against everyone scenario.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If course. Voiding the season shouldn’t even be an option. There’s nothing to say we can start next season on time even if we could finish this season.

I’d not rush it back. Just finish it when it’s safe to do so whether that’s April, May, August, September or even next January! Get this season finished one way or another and not worry about next season or have a one game against everyone scenario.

I agree and decision should be taken sooner so everyone knows the FA should simply say the season will be concluded once advised by the government.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

It will probably be on sky sports as the Sunday games and Saturday early and late kick offs. For me it wont be different as I already get all games live. I prefer this to voiding the season

The government knows that if clubs start playing, even behind closed doors, fans will gather outside stadiums, we saw that in Italy & Spain recently, which then exposes the virus to more people, also causes strain on emergency services who will have to deal with the fans congregating, which is the last thing we need with the emergency services being overrun.

I cannot see football starting again until we are past the peak of infection and the authorities and emergency services can handle it.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 16/03/20 09:19 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
The Grand National has just been cancelled, so if that's cancelled weekend of 4th April, no way will football start again that weekend.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
The Grand National has just been cancelled, so if that's cancelled weekend of 4th April, no way will football start again that weekend.

Yeah I think the 4th April was always more in hope than anything else. Games behind closed doors and one single chance for the main prize to be put to bed at the Emptihaad before shutting it all down again.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion