Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
It will die off in the summer.... but the problem is, it will come back with a vengeance next Autumn - with more strains. This season will get completed - next season might not.

The question is - why did our CL game go ahead???

Why not, no players were infected so there was no reason to have it postponed. Would you have said the same thing if we would have qualified, no need to be a bad loser?

Having about 3,000 Madrid fans travel over probably wasn't the best idea! especially when everyone pretty much expected the next weeks games to be postponed at that stage.

Maybe it should have been played behind closed doors then, but your government said open air gathering is not a problem. Games image being postponed now because players and coaching staff need to be quarantined, that's the only reason

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Just declare all games draws, simple than we still win the league.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Just declare all games draws, simple than we still win the league.

That’s way too easy and simple.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I read an article saying they will declare the league finished and hand us the title, they will keep the top 4 as is but Utd, wolves, Sheffield will have a mini league to declare 5th, they will also promote leads and westbrom to make it a 22 team league, cancelling the league cup to make room for the extra fixtures. Next season 5 clubs will be relegated to normalize the league again. It is a solution I suppose but I really hope we can be cleared to play2 games in April so we can shut everybody up.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Interesting that Snakey. Would work ok I guess. You’d still get some legal action though I’d think.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
It will die off in the summer.... but the problem is, it will come back with a vengeance next Autumn - with more strains. This season will get completed - next season might not.

The question is - why did our CL game go ahead???

Why not, no players were infected so there was no reason to have it postponed. Would you have said the same thing if we would have qualified, no need to be a bad loser?

Having about 3,000 Madrid fans travel over probably wasn't the best idea! especially when everyone pretty much expected the next weeks games to be postponed at that stage.

Maybe it should have been played behind closed doors then, but your government said open air gathering is not a problem. Games image being postponed now because players and coaching staff need to be quarantined, that's the only reason

My Government? can't say I agree with everything Boris & co say wink

Before we played, It was obvious with CL games already being called off that the CL round was not going to finish, so would have made more sense to postpone our game also and stop fans travelling/gathering.

Didn't Wolves try and get their Europa league game called off at Olympiacos with the owner superspreader who infected Arsenal but Uefa were having none of it? so I don't think there is much as a club we could do.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
New PL meeting scheduled for next Thursday.

Is that the day they decide whether we'll be crowned champions or not?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Doubt it. That won’t come until we know whether we’ll all play again this season r not.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Interesting from Lennon regarding the Scottish league being stopped and what might happen and spot on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51875701

I have to say I much prefer Lennon's comments to Jurgens, it's all very well being super political correct, but as manager Klopp has to defend the interests of the players, club and fans, and that statement doesn't do that for me. The FA will look at it and say ah Liverpool doesn't mind if we Null and void the season, including their title. Well I'm just as concerned about folks welfare as the next person, but I'm not prepared to let them strip us of the title that already well and truly won, at least in spirit of things.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Interesting from Lennon regarding the Scottish league being stopped and what might happen and spot on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51875701

I have to say I much prefer Lennon's comments to Jurgens, it's all very well being super political correct, but as manager Klopp has to defend the interests of the players, club and fans, and that statement doesn't do that for me. The FA will look at it and say ah Liverpool doesn't mind if we Null and void the season, including their title. Well I'm just as concerned about folks welfare as the next person, but I'm not prepared to let them strip us of the title that already well and truly won, at least in spirit of things.

Yeah he could’ve added that into it couldn’t he. I don’t think it’ll make the authority’s think he doesn’t care so won’t matter whatever they do. And when you look at Celtic, they’re no where near as far ahead as us so counts more for us than them.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion