Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ecnirp98 #631573 20/02/20 09:13 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Yes he is another Shaq. I have been disappointed with the game time for Shaq but if you are injured and then don't play then get injured again you are going to be waiting a long time for your chance.

With Minamino he has had 2 chances in the cup as a squad player. He will be replacing a squad player when Lallana leaves. It's just the deal was too good to miss at the time. Anyway he needs to integrate fully with the training etc. before he can be a real regular. Even on the bench.

All our new signings, Ox, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita were treated pretty much the same.

I am sure he will be an asset and improve the depth of the squad but I will be amazed if we have found a bargain here as good as Robertson.

Not VVD, Alisson, Mane and Salah, when you are good, you are good quickly.

VVD, Alisson, Mane and Salah were bought for big money for positions we had immediate problems with, we had a weaker squad/team then, so they were put straight in the team, they all also had lots of experience of the PL (apart from Alisson), so dropping them in was easier.

He will play in time, he will be getting used to our style of play, there is no great rush, who out the front 3 would you drop to play him? I can see him coming off the bench in a few games, but I think Klopp will be preparing him for next season.

You mention Robertson, but he didn't play much for about 6 months after we bought him, he only came in when Moreno got injured. The problem with Shaq is he is always injured when needed, I don't see that from Minamino, so I do not see the comparison.

Agree with this. Let’s just wait and see if he gets a run of games how good he does. If he’s muck then we’ve not wasted much.

Stanley Park #631574 20/02/20 09:22 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
This thread just illustrates the pathetic impatience of the modern fan!

I, at all times, strive for excellence. It's because of fans like me we are top of the league

We’re lucky to have you.

EnergisedReds #631575 20/02/20 11:07 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I think we threw him in to team action too early. Klopp almost always has an assessment period with new players and gradually brings them into the fold, this didn't happen to Takumi.

Far too early to be giving up on the lad, he needs building up and to get more acquainted with his new surroundings and team mates.
Next season we should see a much better player in him.

The player who has disappointed me most out of Klopp's signings is Keita, he's such a frustrating player who more often than not makes the wrong decision on the pitch. He's also slow which in this team doesn't fly. We should give him the rest of this season and if he hasn't improved significantly we should look to offload him and get an upgrade.

EnergisedReds #631577 21/02/20 03:53 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
We had a hectic schedule and that is why he played as we had 12 or 13 fit senior players including minamino otherwise he would of never played those 2 or 3 games and disapeared for months like Fabinho and Robertson until he was ready. It's too early to judge.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Pickles #631578 21/02/20 04:02 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think we threw him in to team action too early. Klopp almost always has an assessment period with new players and gradually brings them into the fold, this didn't happen to Takumi.

Far too early to be giving up on the lad, he needs building up and to get more acquainted with his new surroundings and team mates.
Next season we should see a much better player in him.

The player who has disappointed me most out of Klopp's signings is Keita, he's such a frustrating player who more often than not makes the wrong decision on the pitch. He's also slow which in this team doesn't fly. We should give him the rest of this season and if he hasn't improved significantly we should look to offload him and get an upgrade.

Dont get me wrong, I am not giving up on the lad and agree he needs time. Just wanted to have a player ready to replace Mane who is better than Origi on the left wing. All our top players were ready quickly except Fabinho, ie, VVD, Mane, Salah, Alisson and even Keita, though the latter had a lot of injuries.

EnergisedReds #631579 21/02/20 09:03 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Not sure why you’re comparing a £7m squad player to the likes of Mane? Yes the lad looked good and especially for the price but he never looked good enough to be more than adequate cover. Obviously that’s what we need but because that’s all he is he will take time to get up to speed.

wilkij1975 #631580 21/02/20 09:20 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Not sure why you’re comparing a £7m squad player to the likes of Mane? Yes the lad looked good and especially for the price but he never looked good enough to be more than adequate cover. Obviously that’s what we need but because that’s all he is he will take time to get up to speed.

I thought he was much better than the 7m we paid for his release clause

EnergisedReds #631581 21/02/20 09:53 AM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

Embarassingly early to judge a player we got for £7m. Clearly has potential and probably a replacement for Shaq. We don't need any big players to come in now as the league is almost sewn up but Werner in the summer should be the first teamer people are clambering after.

Klopp's so good I'd even give Keita the benefit, but I think 2 years is long enough and we need a summer upgrade.

RedJohn #631582 21/02/20 11:16 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedJohn

Embarassingly early to judge a player we got for £7m. Clearly has potential and probably a replacement for Shaq. We don't need any big players to come in now as the league is almost sewn up but Werner in the summer should be the first teamer people are clambering after.

Klopp's so good I'd even give Keita the benefit, but I think 2 years is long enough and we need a summer upgrade.

Klopp waited a year to get Keita after paying £50 million, I can't see him giving up on him/selling him.

I can see why everyone is frustrated with Keita, but I think he is a good player and is abit different than the other MF options we have as he runs with the ball and can break lines, so I think it's worth giving him more time, he is still only 25, so has plenty of time, he needs a good run of 20+ games without injury.

RedJohn #631594 21/02/20 02:47 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn

Sure, but would have been really happy if Takumi had come on at half time for Mane against Atletico and scored or assisted a goal, wouldn't you? We all know that Origi is nowhere near on the left wing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion