Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BARTON42 #631433 14/02/20 08:34 PM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yes Energised I agree. We want to win things but we want to win things for a long time. Along the way to make that happen things have to move. I am not saying sell Salah. But you have to be realistic about optimum price and optimum time.

As it stands our defence can keep out most teams and you don't need 100 points every season to win a PL title.

I don't want to lose players but I would rather win more trophies, especially PL and CL, than miss a chance to keep that ticking along.

Suarez was a favourite of mine as was Coutinho. Salah is too but just look what we are doing when we get money in. The upgrades are incredible.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
[/quote]If they want to sell Salah they will do it this year I think because at 29 his value will drop significantly. To replace him though, Klopp will look for a strong left foot and I dont think Eliott will be ready

Daniel Day-Lewis it is then...

BARTON42 #631563 20/02/20 01:09 PM
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
He looked decent last night, plenty o pace n very busy.....a bit like Salah if anybody and he made interesting, positive comments about us after the game. He's only 23 and has plenty of time to force his way into Liverpool's front three.

BARTON42 #631564 20/02/20 01:45 PM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Haaland is a lefty. Big strong but also participates in the attacking movements.

Oli #631565 20/02/20 03:08 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
Haaland is a lefty. Big strong but also participates in the attacking movements.

He is going to be too expensive for us now, would have been great if we had bought him in Jan and sold Origi

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Oli

He is going to be too expensive for us now, would have been great if we had bought him in Jan and sold Origi
i hear his got a 60m release clause

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By Oli

I think that is active in about 2 years, if he carrys on like he is, his wage demands will be huge, so the likes of RM/Barca/PSG/Juve will be only teams willing to pay that.

ecnirp98 #631596 21/02/20 02:52 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By Oli

I think that is active in about 2 years, if he carrys on like he is, his wage demands will be huge, so the likes of RM/Barca/PSG/Juve will be only teams willing to pay that.

Dont understand why we didnt go for him last summer before he signed a new contract

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
You have to look at it from Werner's point of view. There was talk of him coming a year ago but he was not going to be a certain starter. I think he had a clause in his contract that he could have left for £23m but now it is around £46m.

A few European clubs have cottoned on to how to handle young players and contracts and yet still leave a player in a position where he is affordable. They increase his wages and promise him a move a year later.

This way they get the optimum revenue or an agreed amount as per the contract. It seems like a stick and carrot job. The player knows he can leave if a price is met. The club knows if he performs to the level of the previous clause they will have takers even at that new clause level. The PL is their cash cow and in the interim period the player plays well and earns the move whilst the club benefits.

If you look back at our dealings maybe we did this with Suarez and Coutinho on a larger scale knowing their performances were almost a given and that the preferred suitors would always wait.

For Werner at 22 he was never going to force out any of our front 3 but at 23 and our front 3 also a year older he has a chance. He will know now that at 25/26/27 he can can be in the same position as those 3 are in now.

For us we can get a player and pay him better (but not stupid) wages. When he delivers he can get a better contract. Our club has proven to reward success and will recognise individual performance. Players are maybe clocking on to this as well. Everybody wants to be a success and be paid well for what they do. We seem to be able to deliver as well off the pitch as well as on it. Most of our rivals in the PL seem to be light years behind us on this one.

For Werner there is the opportunity to replace Salah in a front 3 if Salah goes to the Olympics. There is also the African Cup of Nations which will take 2 of our front 3 away this time next year. So for a bedding in season there are lots of opportunities here. I think he will come.

With Salah and Mane both potentially missing for AFCON games now, it might make sense to replace one of them. Salah is 28, so I could see him moving on. What they might do is sign Werner this year, as with them missing he will surely get gametime, bed him in, and sell Mo next year.

If they want to sell Salah they will do it this year I think because at 29 his value will drop significantly. To replace him though, Klopp will look for a strong left foot and I dont think Eliott will be ready

I dont think the value will drop significantly though.

These days the transfer market operates differently comparing to the older era.

You can see those like C.Ronaldo, Higuain etc. can sell a very good value even they nearly reached or past their 30s.

Liverotto #631649 24/02/20 05:02 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Liverotto
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
You have to look at it from Werner's point of view. There was talk of him coming a year ago but he was not going to be a certain starter. I think he had a clause in his contract that he could have left for £23m but now it is around £46m.

A few European clubs have cottoned on to how to handle young players and contracts and yet still leave a player in a position where he is affordable. They increase his wages and promise him a move a year later.

This way they get the optimum revenue or an agreed amount as per the contract. It seems like a stick and carrot job. The player knows he can leave if a price is met. The club knows if he performs to the level of the previous clause they will have takers even at that new clause level. The PL is their cash cow and in the interim period the player plays well and earns the move whilst the club benefits.

If you look back at our dealings maybe we did this with Suarez and Coutinho on a larger scale knowing their performances were almost a given and that the preferred suitors would always wait.

For Werner at 22 he was never going to force out any of our front 3 but at 23 and our front 3 also a year older he has a chance. He will know now that at 25/26/27 he can can be in the same position as those 3 are in now.

For us we can get a player and pay him better (but not stupid) wages. When he delivers he can get a better contract. Our club has proven to reward success and will recognise individual performance. Players are maybe clocking on to this as well. Everybody wants to be a success and be paid well for what they do. We seem to be able to deliver as well off the pitch as well as on it. Most of our rivals in the PL seem to be light years behind us on this one.

For Werner there is the opportunity to replace Salah in a front 3 if Salah goes to the Olympics. There is also the African Cup of Nations which will take 2 of our front 3 away this time next year. So for a bedding in season there are lots of opportunities here. I think he will come.

With Salah and Mane both potentially missing for AFCON games now, it might make sense to replace one of them. Salah is 28, so I could see him moving on. What they might do is sign Werner this year, as with them missing he will surely get gametime, bed him in, and sell Mo next year.

If they want to sell Salah they will do it this year I think because at 29 his value will drop significantly. To replace him though, Klopp will look for a strong left foot and I dont think Eliott will be ready

I dont think the value will drop significantly though.

These days the transfer market operates differently comparing to the older era.

You can see those like C.Ronaldo, Higuain etc. can sell a very good value even they nearly reached or past their 30s.

C.Ronaldo and Messi are the exceptions as nobody has has been as good as them ever. Higuain value went down completely after he was sold at 29 years old, in fact Juventus has been loaning him since they bought him for 90mEUR

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion