KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'll be honest Snakeye, I was never Henderson's greatest fan but this season he has stepped up markedly on anything he was before this season.

Prior to this season he never showed the attributes of a Captain, he never took games by the scruff of the neck, making valuable contributions. His game play was always laboured, passing backwards and side to side, nothing meaningful you'd expect in a Captain for Liverpool FC. Now he's almost Gerrard'esque! with lung busting runs, long raking sublime passes and he's started to chip in with goals and assists, something he'd never really done before with us.

Does he deserve Player of The Year? hmm, I think his sudden transformation may blind some into believing him being Captain and Liverpool's current dominance has been in part down to him but there's others in this team who have been outstanding week in week out for nigh on 2 years...VVD, Alisson and Mane. Henderson has been very good but for me he needs to have more defining moments in critical games for him to take the accolade.

Being ultra critical, Alisson's injury at the start of the season where he missed 2+ months probably takes him out the equation, however he has been spectacular since he came back in.

VVD has been 9 out of 10 for most weeks and that's a problem for folks who expect nothing less from him. He's a model of consistency making very few mistakes and his bar from last season has stayed the same so it'd be easy to overlook.

Mane has been a difference maker on so many occasions this season. He has been a constant thorn in the side for opponents and getting vital goals for us. He is also unselfish which stands him apart from Salah, this is a factor when we look at overall contribution for the season.

It's unfortunate that defence is just as important as attack in a team, but it's the goals for we remember, not goals saved and this is why Mane just shades it at this present moment.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
On consistency alone VVD as you say is 9/10 every week. I think he would have to be 11 out of 10 to win it. Such is the expectation.

I just see Henderson as an unstoppable force at the moment. The long balls he is playing and the assists are brilliant. He is the quarterback.

Fabinho was out of the side and everybody thought it would be a huge loss. Turned out it wasn't because of Henderson.

Alisson has been brilliant so has Mane. So has Robertson and Firmino.

Actually the whole team has been fukking awesome! Any of them could win it. When that is the case you have to start looking at the leader.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion