Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
[quote=EnergisedReds][quote=Snakeye][quote=Markhutch1]City won the title fair and square on the field of play (unfortunately).

We should wish them good luck in their appeal against Seppp Blatters mates.

Might be wrong but dont think relegation is a punishment there neither. The spending limit in the EPL is higher than the FFP as well

For Financial mismanagement, like going into administration teams can be docked points, its happened quite a lot in the leagues below the PL.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
[quote=EnergisedReds][quote=Snakeye][quote=Markhutch1]City won the title fair and square on the field of play (unfortunately).

We should wish them good luck in their appeal against Seppp Blatters mates.

Might be wrong but dont think relegation is a punishment there neither. The spending limit in the EPL is higher than the FFP as well

For Financial mismanagement, like going into administration teams can be docked points, its happened quite a lot in the leagues below the PL.

Yes, because it's the set punishment when a club goes into administration, when rules are made, so are the punishments and don't think relegation is for breaking FFP rules but I dont know.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Exactly!

Will be very interesting to see where this leads.

Demotion to League 2?

20 points deduction in PL?

De Bruyne and Sterling signing for us?

I'd take De Bruyne, but not Sterling.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
As good as De Bruyne is at 29 there's not going to be much mileage left in him and could he really come to Liverpool and do the sort of running that our players do? He'd be on a huge wage and we'd have to drop a significant sum in a transfer fee...I don't see it as a viable option.

If I was Klopp and the worst happens to City, I'd be going all out for Phil Foden.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
He is 28.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
29 in June when we have any chance of getting him.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
29 in June when we have any chance of getting him.

Never realised he was that old, I thought he was about 25, he's the same age as Henderson, amazing when you think Hendo has been round for years!

I would take him, he has so much ability, I think he could step up with the pressing, but he is injury prone, so he might struggle with fitness, but his ability is unquestioned.

I would also take Sane, but looks like he's off to Bayern,

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
I honestly don't think they should be banned - having thought over it. I mean, if they are going to punish Man City, what about Madrid, PSG, and Barcelona? Where are they getting their money from? FFP is there to ensure that smaller teams are able to compete with the big teams - and make the league more competitive - do I want that as a Liverpool fan? No - I want us to win everything. But as a football fan, you can't possibly agree with these stupid regulations?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
I honestly don't think they should be banned - having thought over it. I mean, if they are going to punish Man City, what about Madrid, PSG, and Barcelona? Where are they getting their money from? FFP is there to ensure that smaller teams are able to compete with the big teams - and make the league more competitive - do I want that as a Liverpool fan? No - I want us to win everything. But as a football fan, you can't possibly agree with these stupid regulations?

FFP was brought in to stop clubs going into debt and spending more than their income, so we didn't get a repeat of the likes of Leeds & Portsmouth, who gambled spending money they did not have.

The problem is the rule doesn't consider teams like City, who have super rich owners who can bank roll the club, they have no debt, so that's an envious position, but they are penalised as their income is lower than their spending, even though any shortfall is covered by the owners and they have no real debt and allot of assets.

Then you look at Man Utd who have like £600 million debt and their owners taking £milllions (£30 million was what I heard this year) out of the club every year for themselves, but because their income is so high, they meet the FFP criteria, even though before the Glazers bought them they had no real debt!

FFP tends to keep small clubs small and the big clubs big, under FFP the likes of Blackburn could not have won the PL, as Jack Walkers £Millions would not have been allowed as Blackburn had very low income, same with Chelsea, Abromovich could not have bankrolled their early success, so we will end up with the same big clubs getting bigger and the smaller clubs not being able to bridge the gap.

So I can see City's argument, but they are exceptional in having very rich state owners who can bankroll them, the same rules for another chancer and they could go under, look at us with Hicks & Gillet, they piled debt and loans on us, but if they would have got Klopp as manager instead of Hodgson, their model may have worked and we are PL & CL winners with the club worth £2+ billion for their initial purchase of £200 million ?????

You can see why Uefa brought in FFP, as clubs were taking huge risks and gambling their futures, but it's very difficult to create a model for all clubs and owners to operate under. My stance is City knew the rules before they started the season, so they should stick to them, if they broke them, they should be penalised.

As for PSG, Barca, RM etc Uefa must deal with them in the same way if they broke the rules, I am sure Man City will be stating their practices as part of City's defence, this could get very messy, but Uefa must be very confident in their evidence to throw the book at City, as they must have known the reaction they would get.

Part of the reason FSG bought Liverpool was FFP, they could see with FFP coming in and Liverpools brand and history, we were going to be a big player who was available at a relatively low fee, it's turned out to be a vert wise investment.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Whether we agree with FFP or not, every team signed up to it.

Man City's Owners hid the totals of their sponsor revenues in order to circumvent the restrictions in place. Man City then when outed did everything in their power to disrupt UEFA's investigations, showing obvious guilt into the process.

There are other crimes Man City have committed that have not been touched on by UEFA or HMRC in payments to employees paid into tax havens through third parties.

PSG also did the same things as Man City but got off on a technicality because the Chief Investigator was compromised and one of their Owners is on the UEFA Board.

It's no coincidence that the folks doing the worst crimes that are against the law of the lands their businesses reside in and also nefariously go against FFP are from regimes with huge political humanitarian problems.

Culturally these Folks believe with every fibre of their being that they are doing no wrong and that is the biggest issue that needs to be addressed. Until who is allowed Ownership of Clubs is addressed, FFP is seen as a vehicle they will do everything in their power to navigate, no matter how they do it.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion