Page 1 of 2 1 2
#631424 14/02/20 05:04 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
So back to Football smile

From what I have heard, we have pretty much everyone available apart from Shaq, so I can see us going full strength against Norwich after 2 weeks off to get back in the groove, we can then take players off in preparation for AM in the CL on Tuesday if we get a good lead, so I think the team might be:

------- Alisson

TAA --- VvD Gomez --- Robertson

Henderson -- Fab --- Wij

Salah --- Firmino --- Mane

That leaves us with a bench like Adrian, Matip, Lovren Keita, Ox, Origi, Milner & Minamino so we can easily change it if we get the game won early and hardly weaken the team.

0 - 4 win for us.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
So back to Football smile

From what I have heard, we have pretty much everyone available apart from Shaq, so I can see us going full strength against Norwich after 2 weeks off to get back in the groove, we can then take players off in preparation for AM in the CL on Tuesday if we get a good lead, so I think the team might be:

------- Alisson

TAA --- VvD Gomez --- Robertson

Henderson -- Fab --- Wij

Salah --- Firmino --- Mane

That leaves us with a bench like Adrian, Matip, Lovren Keita, Ox, Origi, Milner & Minamino so we can easily change it if we get the game won early and hardly weaken the team.

0 - 4 win for us.

I heard there is a possibility of a match postponement because of some cyclone, is that true?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Dennis The Menace

Yellow warning of wind

Updated 14 February at 12:26 GMT
Yellow warning of wind

From
10:00 GMT on Sat 15 February
To
12:00 GMT on Sun 16 February

Storm Dennis will bring strong winds over the weekend. Some disruption to travel is likely across parts of England and Wales.

- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely

- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely

- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible

- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities are affected by spray and/or large waves

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
The clubs should have jointly asked the PL to postpone the fixture yesterday in the interest of fan safety and convenience. Now what could happen is that supporters will start travelling this morning and the game gets called off half way through their journey or even after they're already in Norwich.

If the game does go ahead, I don't think it will be easy for us. It will be interesting to see the impact of the winter break on our performance - intensity levels in particular. Norwich have nothing to lose and will play a strong attacking game with loud home support. Throw a swirling wind into the mix and anything could happen. Hold on to your hats!

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I'd like to see Mane come off the bench for last 30 mins so he is fresh for Athletico, Ox was brilliant last time, no need to change it.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Yeah the wind can be a great leveler when it's blowing strong, that and coming back from a break and this being a free swing for Norwich makes this game a potential banana skin!

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
The clubs should have jointly asked the PL to postpone the fixture yesterday in the interest of fan safety and convenience. Now what could happen is that supporters will start travelling this morning and the game gets called off half way through their journey or even after they're already in Norwich.

If the game does go ahead, I don't think it will be easy for us. It will be interesting to see the impact of the winter break on our performance - intensity levels in particular. Norwich have nothing to lose and will play a strong attacking game with loud home support. Throw a swirling wind into the mix and anything could happen. Hold on to your hats!

Its a long away day to call it off close to the game, Norwich is a City centre ground, so not as exposed as most with good transport connections, it's also live on TV, so they won't want to cancel if they can help it.

I can't see Klopp wanting to call it off as it would cause a fixture backlog, which is the last thing he would want after the break and CL starting up now.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If it's dangerous driving / commuting for fans they'll have no hesitation calling it off!

City's game v West Ham was called off with similar circumstances.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
At the moment they're saying East Anglia won't be affected as much BUT it's more about the journey for the away fans that is the concern.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
MerPol Liverpool FC
@MerPolLFC
Norwich v @LFC
Hi all. I know you have concerns re Storm Dennis and this evenings match at Carrow Rd. I have just spoken with police colleagues at Norwich and at this time the match is 100% scheduled to go ahead. I will keep you posted with any updates. #NORVLIV @SPIRITOFSHANKLY
5:16 AM · Feb 15, 2020·CrowdControlHQ

https://twitter.com/MerPolLFC/status/1228624049636610048

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion