Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#630993 26/01/20 10:01 AM
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
We've been waiting many years for the title again. We thought we'd blown our best chance last season - losing one game all season and still missing out. Most of us probably thought that surely City would be jolted into transfer activity to avoid such a scare this season and that there was no way we could go through another season losing just one game.

But no... bizarrely we have found ourselves 16 points clear, a game in hand and with many people, if not most, proclaiming that it's done and dusted even though there are 16 games still left to play. Now the question seems to be not whether we'll win it or not, but whether or not we'll throw it away! crazy

And fans are divided as to whether the party should start now or whether we shouldn't celebrate until the maths say so. The problem is, if we wait for the maths and if the rest of the season pans out as many are suggesting, then there won't be a BIG moment. By the time we get to the result that clinches it, most of the footballing world will say 'what's the big deal... it was all over ages ago'... it won't be big news.

So it's very strange. It feels like we're being cheated out of our big moment. It might have been better to have City breathing down our necks and then near the end of the season we have that decisive moment where we pull clear and seal the deal.

On reflection I suspect it won't matter to us if everyone else isn't bothered. Hopefully it will be a huge occasion if/when we get to the day that we finally have the chance to make it certain. And then we can perhaps focus on the CL final whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

I'm sure we'd all love an 'Agueroooooo' moment, but that's not good for anyone's health. Too many falsedawns and broken promises, we needed this season to go exactly as it has done.

You could certainly argue Istanbul was better than a drab final we dominated, but I'll just take the win now, any which way we can.

It would be the icing on the cake to go unbeaten, it's within reach, but more importantly, each win takes us closer and a few more wins, with potentially a City slip, before the CL re-starts and the team can really focus on retaining it.

Other fans/commentators may say 'whats the big deal' when we clinch it, but it's tearing them up inside at the thought of Liverpool being back on their perch and breaking every record in sight.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn

I'm sure we'd all love an 'Agueroooooo' moment, but that's not good for anyone's health. Too many falsedawns and broken promises, we needed this season to go exactly as it has done.

You could certainly argue Istanbul was better than a drab final we dominated, but I'll just take the win now, any which way we can.

It would be the icing on the cake to go unbeaten, it's within reach, but more importantly, each win takes us closer and a few more wins, with potentially a City slip, before the CL re-starts and the team can really focus on retaining it.

Other fans/commentators may say 'whats the big deal' when we clinch it, but it's tearing them up inside at the thought of Liverpool being back on their perch and breaking every record in sight.

I don't give a shyte what others think, it would be a great moment whenever we win it and the earlier the better. There is nothing weird but the OP

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
I don't give a shyte what others think, it would be a great moment whenever we win it and the earlier the better. There is nothing weird but the OP

grin

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
ooooooooooooh...did you p*ss in his cornflakes Mighty?

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
The whole season is a 'big moment.' It's an amazing and unprecedented season so far - and there will be no emotional let down once we seal the deal and make it mathematically certain. I think you're over-anaylsing it Mighty. Be patient... we could win it all!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am having a brexit party this Friday eve I might add Liverpool almost certain title win as well. 95% Brexit 5% Liverpool so as not to count the chickens re LFC aspect

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Pickles
ooooooooooooh...did you p*ss in his cornflakes Mighty?

Like your gif on CNN? whistle

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I am having a brexit party this Friday eve I might add Liverpool almost certain title win as well. 95% Brexit 5% Liverpool so as not to count the chickens re LFC aspect

Have a Barbie...Boris Burgers and Farage Fries!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
...I haven't got anything on Hot Dogs yet but to help them feel apart of it, I was looking for something really, really unappealing and boring that a lot of people detest and summed it up to a tee with "Remainers Sourkraut"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion