Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Yep, agreed there Snakes!

I think we will start rotating more in the PL - at least if we keep winning for a few more weeks, and if we also manage to get deeper into the 2 remaining Cups.

That opens up the possibility for dropping points or even getting beat a few times in the PL before the season is over.

I think we'll play our first team in the PL except after CL games, the B team will play the FA cup

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Forget what Klopp and the players say about them not being bothered about going unbeaten in the PL...of course they want to. The Title is almost in the bag, they want to put cream on top with hundreds and thousands, a flake and chocolate syrup allover it!

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Pickles
Forget what Klopp and the players say about them not being bothered about going unbeaten in the PL...of course they want to. The Title is almost in the bag, they want to put cream on top with hundreds and thousands, a flake and chocolate syrup allover it!

What would we prefer? Going unbeaten and therefore playing the strongest team in every league game to the end... or going for the CL and therefore resting players in the league if possible.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

What would we prefer? Going unbeaten and therefore playing the strongest team in every league game to the end... or going for the CL and therefore resting players in the league if possible.

Nobody has ever managed what we did last season with 97 points and a CL win anywhere in Europe. I would settle for 97 points and the CL again. That would be awesome.

If missing records means putting more youngsters into games to experience PL and have the club ready for more success then so be it.

The FA Cup game v Everton was fantastic for the squad and development of new players and youngsters. We can only learn if these players can be fully integrated into the squad if we play them more.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

Winning Trophies must be the priority, if we go unbeaten in the process of winning them, great, I'd take a CL & PL win over going unbeaten.

T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
A year or two ago a South American team lost their entire squad in a plane crash... so you just don't assume something is done even if it looks very likely.

Why are you bringing that up? Its disrespectful to bring up a tragedy and compare it with our situation. Peoples lives are more important than a silver pot, you're also implying that it could happen to our players, just a bizarre way of thinking, there is also no need to call fans idiots for celebrating a victory against our rivals, the fans sang to [oops] off Utd fans, they know it's not over.

It's not disrespectful at all. To celebrate the probability of something happening before it happens is more disrespectful. Liverpool still have to play all those games, do all that travel, navigate injuries, and stay focused. Anything can happen in sport. It's fine to sing about being top of the league but saying it's already done and over is foolish. Most fans are keeping perspective - it's just a few idiots that want the parade before earning the trophy.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
A year or two ago a South American team lost their entire squad in a plane crash... so you just don't assume something is done even if it looks very likely.

Why are you bringing that up? Its disrespectful to bring up a tragedy and compare it with our situation. Peoples lives are more important than a silver pot, you're also implying that it could happen to our players, just a bizarre way of thinking, there is also no need to call fans idiots for celebrating a victory against our rivals, the fans sang to [oops] off Utd fans, they know it's not over.

It's not disrespectful at all. To celebrate the probability of something happening before it happens is more disrespectful. Liverpool still have to play all those games, do all that travel, navigate injuries, and stay focused. Anything can happen in sport. It's fine to sing about being top of the league but saying it's already done and over is foolish. Most fans are keeping perspective - it's just a few idiots that want the parade before earning the trophy.

I think you rather don't want them to jinx it, right?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Our CL Final win v Spurs last year was dampened down by our achievement against Barcelona in the semi-final. It was almost if no matter what we done in The Final we and everybody else including the media had given the plaudits out already and The Final was going through the motions.

I feel that is how this PL season is going to pass everybody by and the celebrations are going to be muted because other than ourselves the media and rival fans will say "Oh they won it ages ago" nothing to see here. Having that unbeaten season and maybe record points haul will give us the vindication we deserve at the end of it all.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
That's actually a very good point Pickles.

Hadn't thought about that before. smile

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
People have already played down our achievements.
It's a weak league. VAR has ruined it. And now we are being vilified for cheapening the fa cup.

I'd love an unbeaten season but I'd be happier with a CL and PL trophy instead.

I'm not too fussed about the FA Cup. It's like the league cup. Only matters when you're in the later stages.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion