KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
What's the point of singing we're gonna win the league when it's already won?

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm just hoping we win on Thursday night, it's a tough fixture and there's a lot of distractions around at the minute. An embarrassing loss could be damaging I fear. Some of our lads looked a tad leggy at the end against United. We need to keep our heads and our focus, there's still much to play for. Let's just take it game by game until we get a couple of more wins. However I can understand the young lads getting excited, isn't it great to be at the age where past disappointment isn't a barrier to excitement?

T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
It's got nothing to do with excitement, nostalgia, memories, earned arrogance, or any of that stuff. You simply do not declare that you have won something when you haven't. It's foolish and only idiots (yes I used the right word) do it. A year or two ago a South American team lost their entire squad in a plane crash... so you just don't assume something is done even if it looks very likely. I expect us to press home this advantage... and it looks like we have the right coaching and player recruitment to see the job through this time... but it is NOT DONE YET. Confidence is a weird thing and it works the other way too. I don't think we'll don a Keegan's Newcastle but it CAN happen.... a bad run of luck and lost confidence will cost ANY team a lot of points. At the moment we look invincible and the title looks very likely... but until it's mathematically achieved there is no point crowing about having done it. As someone said, be excited, be enthused, enjoy the moment.... but keep your feet on the ground and your eye on the prize. Victory is sweeter when you're patient and make it assured before rubbing people's faces in it.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Whether we think it/Sing it, Klopp will keep the players grounded and they will take nothing for granted, especially after their experience last season of going clear and losing the PL to City, they know City's potential to close them down.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Whether we think it/Sing it, Klopp will keep the players grounded and they will take nothing for granted, especially after their experience last season of going clear and losing the PL to City, they know City's potential to close them down.

So why sing a different tune compared to what the players and Klopp are doing? Shouldn't we show some solidarity? By all means be cheerful, positive, defiant... but behaving as if it's done and dusted is unnecessary. Puts Klopp and players in an awkward situation as they have to answer questions about what the fans are singing.

It would be best if we were all singing from the same song sheet, i.e. we're positive, we're confident, we're enjoying the ride, we know what we want and we hope we'll achieve it... but in the meantime we're not taking anything for granted and are just focussed on the next game.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Jesus christ do what the hell you want. It's a totally different situation than last season.

Last edited by paul66; 21/01/20 10:23 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Anywhere else the fans would be singing it. Leicester did the December they won it, and the odds were longer for them.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Thats not what the team wants neither does Klopp.
Liverpool fans are not showboaters.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles
Lawro has us drawing 1 v 1 on Thursday and

Jimmy Krankie has us getting beat 2 v 1

Thursday night's game @Wolves is on paper one of the toughest left alongside our trip to The Etihaad on 04/04/20. Win on Thursday night and our overly pessimistic fans can finally wash their lucky underpants (they stink!) and enjoy the fat lady singing!

Oi they get washed every time I'll have you know. And anyway I have 3 pairs all the same. Especially useful when the FA throws you under the bus with 2 games in 2 days. Be prepared for everything and anything. And if there is a victory parade I will not be wearing them then. It's matchdays only.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
The team know what to do too get the job done. They cannot effort to loose concentration. Just wish the front 3 can start to take their chances and not be so waste full and sometimes selfish.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion