Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Ox never looked to be in the game. A midfield trio with one passenger and our offensive trio on the pitch won't work against a tough opponent like Wolves.

Looked much better when he finally got subbed off for Fab.

Also I thought both Trent and Andy looked off the pace. Many misplaced passes and never there to help in the attack.

With Mané walking off that made our offensive play much more easy to read and displace for Wolves.

I think losing Mane'e pace and proactiveness had a big effect on their belief and we missed too many chances especially Salah. Had he taken his chances, we would have been more comfortable playing the same game. That said, Traore did give our defence a good run for their money, we should have bought him instead of Minamino, if not both, he is unplayable

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Every player deserves credit for the form over the last 2 seasons.

But alisson who cost 67 mil is an absolute bargain.

Time and Time again he saves us. 2 saves today which would and probably should have been goals. Jimenez and Traore both had great chances.

He's like a prime De Gea only better and also better looking.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Salah needs to start against Shrewsbury. He needs to score a few goals so he is less greedy in games that matter.

Can't work out if he's massively over rated or a victim of his own success.

On his day unplayable but his days are getting rarer.

His main problem this season and probably the reason he looks poor is because teams put two men on him and he frees up space for every one else.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
If the ball was not "taken" from him and passed to Bobby, it would've been a draw.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Ox never looked to be in the game. A midfield trio with one passenger and our offensive trio on the pitch won't work against a tough opponent like Wolves.

Looked much better when he finally got subbed off for Fab.

Also I thought both Trent and Andy looked off the pace. Many misplaced passes and never there to help in the attack.

With Mané walking off that made our offensive play much more easy to read and displace for Wolves.

Robertson did struggle, he looked tired, its difficult with Milner out injured as we have limited cover, LB is an area I'd like us to bring someone in for, but I doubt we will sign anyone.

I think Ox was there to break forward when Wolves MF pushed up and left space behind, but it never really worked, Fab was off the pace abit and his passing wasn't great, but he made us more solid and broke up their attacks.

Yeah I agree with both posts above, Fabinho made a noticble improvement in our cohesiveness when he came on and some creative passing too. Anyway a significant win away to a tough opponent. Well done Klopp and the players.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Alisson's passing and control was amazing, but some of the passes out to defenders was causing me anxiety!!!! he did the same with Utd, he's so assured, but takes risks, sooner or later he will mess 1 up and give it away to a striker for a goal, but I guess that 1% chance is worth it as we benefit from it so much.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Salah needs to start against Shrewsbury. He needs to score a few goals so he is less greedy in games that matter.

His main problem this season and probably the reason he looks poor is because teams put two men on him and he frees up space for every one else.

Salah is a strange one for me.

If he doesn't score he will keep shooting until he scores.

If he scores he will continue shooting as he was just successful and scored.

A strange catch 22 it seems.

Always (almost) trying to score instead of looking for a pass to a team mate.

A perfect example of a team mate's frustration was poor Ox yesterday. He arrived into a well timed good position to receive a pass from Salah. It would have been a perfect goal scoring opportunity inside the box. But Salah just ignored him (or didn't even see it) and took the shot himself and missed. The next second poor Ox got subbed off. I would have been totally fuming in a situation like that. But Ox actually looked a bit less angry now than he did when he was subbed off against Manure.

Salah seems to play in about the same way most of the time. The only difference being whether he is in goalscoring mood or not.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Salah is starting to become a bit of a liability. I've our seen players b...ollick him a lot recently when he tries to do the Hollywood and somebody is free with a better chance if he passed.
He's still a potent weapon for us, however I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Klopp allows him to leave if we got a big offer for him. Frustrating, greedy basket at times but when he does score it's normally the impossible!

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

A perfect example of a team mate's frustration was poor Ox yesterday. He arrived into a well timed good position to receive a pass from Salah. It would have been a perfect goal scoring opportunity inside the box. But Salah just ignored him (or didn't even see it) and took the shot himself and missed. The next second poor Ox got subbed off. I would have been totally fuming in a situation like that. But Ox actually looked a bit less angry now than he did when he was subbed off against Manure.

Salah seems to play in about the same way most of the time. The only difference being whether he is in goalscoring mood or not.

I know his passing can be awful at times as can his misses on goal chances and his occasional failure /refusal to pass to a teammate in better positions. However his work rate is phenomenal as is his tracking back to defend. Then you have the pulling of two and times three defenders. I love his little flicks and back heels as well, they don't all come off, but when they do its magical. I'll be very sad if and when Salah moves on.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

I know his passing can be awful at times as can his misses on goal chances and his occasional failure /refusal to pass to a teammate in better positions. However his work rate is phenomenal as is his tracking back to defend. Then you have the pulling of two and times three defenders. I love his little flicks and back heels as well, they don't all come off, but when they do its magical. I'll be very sad if and when Salah moves on.

But he is really pissing off his mates now, there was Mane a few months back, it wad Ox lately and Minamino didn't make a fuss about it. It's true that he occupies a few opponents, but improvement badly needed in his game, some easy, like passing the ball, some less, by taking his chances. He missed a sitter against United and then two good chances against Wolves, both the latter he could have passed.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 25/01/20 01:16 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion