Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Nathan Aké from Bournemouth, always impressed when I've seen him, big, strong & fast, good on the ball, he's 24 so perfect age for FSG buying policy.

Also like Coady, not sure of him defensively, but I think he would fit our system well.

I like Ake. Think he’d fit in well next to VvD.

Coady? No. Failed first time around and don’t see he’s any better now.

You don't see he's better now? He was a kid playing holding mid when he left, now he's reinvented himself as a CB that captained a team from the second division to the Europa league. He might not be good enough to start, but he's certainly good enough to replace Lovren.

Im good enough to replace Lovren (nearly). No point buying someone because they’re “good enough to replace Lovren” as we could have our pick from any number of CB’s. I want genuine competition in the players we bring in and for me we need someone who is good enough to partner VVD.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Nathan Aké from Bournemouth, always impressed when I've seen him, big, strong & fast, good on the ball, he's 24 so perfect age for FSG buying policy.

Also like Coady, not sure of him defensively, but I think he would fit our system well.

I like Ake. Think he’d fit in well next to VvD.

Coady? No. Failed first time around and don’t see he’s any better now.

You don't see he's better now? He was a kid playing holding mid when he left, now he's reinvented himself as a CB that captained a team from the second division to the Europa league. He might not be good enough to start, but he's certainly good enough to replace Lovren.

Yeah, Coady is a very different player now that the one that left us, he's converted to a CB and done well, lots of scope to improve and can cover a few positions, we know him well so would be an easy player to join the squad/system. Might be a hard one to sell to bring him in, as he will look at VvD & Gomez and wonder where he gets a game.

We have played all 4 of our CBs this year until they got injured. Matip and Lovren got gametime. Gomez will likely get injured again at some stage. Coady might fancy it.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I can't see Coady coming to us to probably sit on the bench at a cost of possibly £30m with wages which would have to be significantly more than Wolves pay him.

Can't see us paying much for a covering player when we have Fabinho who could play that position if needed.

Ake is a good shout because he also plays left back but again he is going to cost a lot.

How much should we be paying for this position?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd keep Lovren now until his contract expires in summer 2021.
We'd only get maybe 5 to 10m for him in the summer and we'd have to drop 30 to 40m on top of what we get for him to get somebody half decent. With Gomez, VVD, Matip and Lovren we should have sufficient cover and it will allow the kids a year to get up to par and us not having to look for a replacement.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Tough call CB. Gomez has really come on since returning but there's more than a chance of another injury soon. Matip too.

I think we need someone and they have to be able to compete with a 1st team slot. The amount of games we play, they'll get time.

If Ake really plays LB too, seems like a no-brainer.
Coady's Wolves captain and the clubs really going places at the moment, but things can change quickly and I dont think he'd turn down the chance to play for Liverpool.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion