KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630909 - 22/01/20 12:36 PM Re: How can a team like Man City be so bad? [Re: ecnirp98]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Pickles
Iíd disagree that City play better than us now. They are fairly one dimensional trying to pass the ball into the net or the occasional shot. Liverpool have more offensive weapons now which is why we have been so potent. Teams donít know how to combat us because we have so many different outlets to play.

I would rather say City plays better attacking football than us but are nowhere near our defensive football, therefore as a whole, we are better than them to win games. They are like us when we almost won the league under Rodgers or even in Klopp's first full season, but football is not only about attack it's about the right balance.

Totally agree. I miss those games under Rodgers in a way. We were playing breathtaking stuff in attack. Probably better than we are now but look how we manage games now. Even when we are not playing well we don't look like getting beaten.

Similar to Fergys teams, always dogged at the back and gave little away, knowing a piece of magic from the likes of Giggs/Van Nistelrooy/Scholes could win them the game and they would hold out, strong teams defensively will always win a league compared to a flamboyant high scoring team that concedes allot.

Rodgers team was great to watch, but I always had that nagging feeling that they could not hold out and kill off games, which you need to do to win leagues.

Yes defence was always Rodgers Achilles heel and eventually led to his departure. It's all about the right balance, any imbalance will be identified, targeted and punished. Klopp to his credit has it spot on at present, but in my opinion needs to add a player or two to strengthen the squad, especially at fullback position.

#630910 - 22/01/20 01:10 PM Re: How can a team like Man City be so bad? [Re: Pickles]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
City's play is easy on the eye but they have no plan B.

Liverpool are much more potent on set pieces.

Liverpool are much more potent from the wings with Robbo and TAA's crossing.

Liverpool can play it through the middle with the likes of Bobby's link up play.

Liverpool can go over the top with many players now in the team able to hit accurate exocet passes from distance...Alisson, VVD, Gomez, TAA, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Ox and I've even been impressed with some of Lovren's passing long this season.

Alisson is now the supreme ball playing Keeper, much better than Ederson.

Liverpool are a much better, dangerous attacking outfit than Man City are, they have more ways to win.

City can be very reliant on individual players, like Aguero, he has dug them out of so many games the last few seasons, like last night, Jesus is a good player, but doesn't carry that same threat, until Aguero came on City were struggling to win. Sterling has been quiet the last few weeks and City have struggled, though Mahrez has done well, they have really missed Sane, another player they relied on allot last season to dig them out from the bench.

We have less reliance on individuals, if Salah or Firmino are struggling, Mane can get a goal, same with the others, City seem to have games when all play well and hammer teams 5-0, but if they are not all playing well together, they can struggle to get a 1-0 win, La Porte being back will make them allot stronger now.

#630912 - 22/01/20 04:23 PM Re: How can a team like Man City be so bad? [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
City's play is easy on the eye but they have no plan B.

Liverpool are much more potent on set pieces.

Liverpool are much more potent from the wings with Robbo and TAA's crossing.

Liverpool can play it through the middle with the likes of Bobby's link up play.

Liverpool can go over the top with many players now in the team able to hit accurate exocet passes from distance...Alisson, VVD, Gomez, TAA, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Ox and I've even been impressed with some of Lovren's passing long this season.

Alisson is now the supreme ball playing Keeper, much better than Ederson.

Liverpool are a much better, dangerous attacking outfit than Man City are, they have more ways to win.

City can be very reliant on individual players, like Aguero, he has dug them out of so many games the last few seasons, like last night, Jesus is a good player, but doesn't carry that same threat, until Aguero came on City were struggling to win. Sterling has been quiet the last few weeks and City have struggled, though Mahrez has done well, they have really missed Sane, another player they relied on allot last season to dig them out from the bench.

We have less reliance on individuals, if Salah or Firmino are struggling, Mane can get a goal, same with the others, City seem to have games when all play well and hammer teams 5-0, but if they are not all playing well together, they can struggle to get a 1-0 win, La Porte being back will make them allot stronger now.

Don't think their problem has been scoring goals, they are well ahead of everyone in that stats, it has been their goals conceded which has been the problem, they are only 4th in the league on that

#630960 - 24/01/20 01:30 PM Re: How can a team like Man City be so bad? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
AngryAsianRed Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Asia
Agree with pickles on that we play and score and win in different ways. When I said City plays "better" football I meant prettier football, they never ever hit the ball long even when their defence/midfield is under pressure. We are around 6th in the league for long balls because I think Klopp figured that's one of the fastest ways to get the ball forward before oppositions park the bus.

Overall, our results are unmatched because we are able to sometimes sacrifice style for results. City without Laporte are unable to grind out tough wins. They will also struggle against teams like Wolves which elevate their game against the big boys and work hard.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
PFA player of the year
by Snakeye
18/02/20 04:26 AM
Man City banned from Champions League for 2 seasons
by ecnirp98
17/02/20 11:56 PM
What is the correct punishment for Man City?
by ecnirp98
17/02/20 07:34 PM
City threat to blow the lid on rivals financial activities!
by Pickles
17/02/20 03:54 PM
It's Never Over Until It's Over
by TheMightyLFC
17/02/20 12:57 PM

General Discussion
This is Brilliant...
by Pickles
16/02/20 12:56 PM
Coronavirus - Harvard epidemiolgist "Virus is thermonuclear"
by Pickles
14/02/20 05:03 PM