Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By Pickles
I can see the thought process in not starting TAA and putting Gomez in at RB to stop Traore.

Isn't Traoré left footed and play on the right side?

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
I've heard that TAA is gonna be rested this game.

If that's true then Lovren must be CB with VVD. With Gomez at RB.

Hope it's not true. Need full strength against these. Rest players for the west game game. They're shiiite.

I can see a few fringe players coming in.

Lovren. Jones. Origi. Minamino.

Listened to Talking Reds (TAW) today, and according to them there's a rumour that VvD is having a chest infection.

If so, that will lead us to play either Matip or Lovren in central defence.

We should be fine either way, but hope it's not true.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Originally Posted By Pickles
I can see the thought process in not starting TAA and putting Gomez in at RB to stop Traore.

Isn't Traoré left footed and play on the right side?

Yes, I also think he plays on the right wing

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Minamino, Origi, Matip, Jones, Williams.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Phew. VvD is ready to go! smile

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Phew. VvD is ready to go! smile

Jeez van, you gave me a fright....this is one game we need big Virgil, our defense is likely to be well and truly tested, they have a couple of very quick attackers. We need to restrict service to them, so our midfielders need to step up once again. They've been brilliant till now, so hope they can do it tonight as well.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Indeed Herc.

Would also have preferred Fab instead of Ox in this game tbh.

We might need the extra cover he can provide.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Massive win, we really had to dig in for that, that was probably our hardest PL game of the season so far, Wolves are a great team and have a go, with a few major threats.

To get pegged back with the equaliser and then have the mentality to fight back and win it was immense.

Salah was frustrating, just wouldn't pass, I understand he often gets something out of nothing, but if a team mate is in a much better position, he needs to pass it! Good to see Minamino, was a hard game for him to get into from the bench, the pace was ferocious and they were really having a go at us, but he looked comfortable and not out of his depth, he did a great flick over a player if he meant it lol.

We started to look tired, so we need to rest them all now, reserves out for the FA Cup, hopefully Mane is ok, didn't look good how he went off, like he knew what it was, the way he just stopped is a worry, with the FA Cup he has a few weeks to rest up.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Ox never looked to be in the game. A midfield trio with one passenger and our offensive trio on the pitch won't work against a tough opponent like Wolves.

Looked much better when he finally got subbed off for Fab.

Also I thought both Trent and Andy looked off the pace. Many misplaced passes and never there to help in the attack.

With Mané walking off that made our offensive play much more easy to read and displace for Wolves.

Last edited by van Gogh; 23/01/20 10:42 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Ox never looked to be in the game. A midfield trio with one passenger and our offensive trio on the pitch won't work against a tough opponent like Wolves.

Looked much better when he finally got subbed off for Fab.

Also I thought both Trent and Andy looked off the pace. Many misplaced passes and never there to help in the attack.

With Mané walking off that made our offensive play much more easy to read and displace for Wolves.

Robertson did struggle, he looked tired, its difficult with Milner out injured as we have limited cover, LB is an area I'd like us to bring someone in for, but I doubt we will sign anyone.

I think Ox was there to break forward when Wolves MF pushed up and left space behind, but it never really worked, Fab was off the pace abit and his passing wasn't great, but he made us more solid and broke up their attacks.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion