Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I might be wrong but Far East Asian players seem to take a lot longer to adapt to the English game. We don't see that many in our game compared to South America or African players. So when a good one comes along and gets a move like Minamino they get put under the microscope.

I am sure he is going to develop into a very good player.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
I think the transfer market has been so bonkers for a while now, it seems to be correcting. Fewer deals, less money.

But that Bergwijn looks a good signing, much better that Minamino from what they've shown so far

It's easier to slot in right away for Mourinho if you fit his system. Klopp players take months to integrate usually: Fabinho, Robertson, Ox, Keita, etc. Unless it's a total finished product type signing a la Alisson or VVD, most of his recent signings took awhile to bed in.

Minamino was highly rated and looked good in the CL. He is raw though and will take time.

Mane and Salah slotted in immediately and they play in a similar position, just looks like Bergwijn is better suited for the EPL than Minamino who probably needs to muscle up.

Mane and Salah both had premier league experience. Mane was playing really well in the league, and Salah had been in 3 different CL sides, even if it never worked out at Chelsea. Minamino has never played in this league and is coming from Austria, and this was his first year playing CL footy. Lets see what happens.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Mane and Salah both had premier league experience. Mane was playing really well in the league, and Salah had been in 3 different CL sides, even if it never worked out at Chelsea. Minamino has never played in this league and is coming from Austria, and this was his first year playing CL footy. Lets see what happens.

Of course we'll see what happens. He impressed against us in the CL especially the first game but I didn't watch him more than that before his transfer. What I said was Bergwijn is just looking a better player right now but still early days to conclude, it's just a first impression

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Bergwijn stats in PL so far:

Matches played: 1
Minutes played: 70
Passes: 17
Shots: 1
Shots on goal: 1
Goals: 1
Shooting accuracy: 100 %
Tackles: 1
Interceptions: 1

What a player!

Why didn't we sign him!

Klopp out!

Achterberg out!

Michael Edwards out!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion