Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Dodgy news on our sponsors..... I guess ethics and football are a murky subject ATM with Qatar etc.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/business/standard-chartered-sanctions-violations.html

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Nothing to see here.

But worth knowing and comforting that should I get beaten up one night wearing one of my Liverpool shirts it may be financially motivated by a disgruntled customer rather than a supporter of a rival team.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Nothing to see here.

But worth knowing and comforting that should I get beaten up one night wearing one of my Liverpool shirts it may be financially motivated by a disgruntled customer rather than a supporter of a rival team.

I think it is relevant, it reflects on the club, its the murky world of football sponsors/financing ATM with this & Qatar/City Etihad deals etc, should Liverpool react to stuff like this? we distanced ourselves from alcohol sponsors due to the middle eastern market in past I believe.

We are all happy to comment on FFP/City being doped with Oil Money and countries with dodgy human rites records involved, so we need to look at ourselves, I remember the debates a few years ago when Chinese investors were rumoured to be interested in buying us and there were comments on human rites records etc

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Troubling. Unfortunately, almost any bank of any size is going to have similar baggage.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Never been a fan of the sponsor on the shirt, it looks soulless. Many clubs have great looking sponsors that actually make the kit look better, our one is dull and boring.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Not in Liverpool.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Nothing to see here.

I think it is relevant, it reflects on the club, its the murky world of football sponsors/financing ATM with this & Qatar/City Etihad deals etc, should Liverpool react to stuff like this? we distanced ourselves from alcohol sponsors due to the middle eastern market in past I believe.

We are all happy to comment on FFP/City being doped with Oil Money and countries with dodgy human rites records involved, so we need to look at ourselves, I remember the debates a few years ago when Chinese investors were rumoured to be interested in buying us and there were comments on human rites records etc

So should we drop them for something cleaner for half the money or no money? Barca used to have UNICEF for free on their shirts a few years back, is this what we should do? A lot of those money laundering claims are made by the US government and if you don't pay fines, they would kick you out of the US, so lots of companies just abide.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 18/01/20 09:56 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Should have stuck with candy I knew I was right

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Should have stuck with candy I knew I was right

Crown Paints for me.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
What about Hitachi.
If you look back at those shirts now it looks like it was ironed on just before the teams took to the pitch.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion