Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#630307 22/12/19 01:44 PM
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
It's almost upon us... and it's good to see that we have done some business already. However, Minamino has probably been added to the squad with future season in mind. Do we need anyone who could help us immediately this season as well as in the future? I suggets that if we can find an established quality defender to provide cover for VVD it's worth considering.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Jonathan Tah - Bayern Leverkusen solid young CB with plenty of potential only 23 would probably be easier for us to recruit than somebody like Milan Skrinar of Inter Milan who is also very good.
A lot of folks want us to go for Koulibaly but he would be expensive and is already 28 and is on the radar of most Top clubs so we wouldn't want to get in an auction.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
CB has to be the priority with Matip & Lovren currently out and their (with Gomez) injury records being so poor, especially if Lovren will leave in the summer.

We know Klopp & the recruitment team won't bring anyone in on a whim, so I am guessing they have already targeted someone at CB to replace Lovren, so it will be a question of if they can bring them in January rather than waiting until the summer, I will be surprised if we can bring a CB in.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
What about someone like Vertonghen? Age 32 but could do a job straightaway. Might also be able to provide decent cover for another season or two.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
What about someone like Vertonghen? Age 32 but could do a job straightaway. Might also be able to provide decent cover for another season or two.

Good player who would do well for us, but he would want big money/contract and to play, can't see that being approved by FSG, I think we will be going for someone around 24/25 with sell on value in 4-5 years, Ake would be good, but someone mentioned Chelsea have a buy back clause, so not sure if we could get him.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I wanted Diogo Jota from wolves. But minamino will probably be the forward who covers now.

I new CB would be great but Klopp has said a number of times. What happens when they're all fit?

Can't have 5 CB's all vying for 2 spots. Hopefully next year people like Hoever, Van Den Berg will be able to cover the center. They're young. But so was TAA. And so was Gomez.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
I wanted Diogo Jota from wolves. But minamino will probably be the forward who covers now.

I new CB would be great but Klopp has said a number of times. What happens when they're all fit?

Can't have 5 CB's all vying for 2 spots. Hopefully next year people like Hoever, Van Den Berg will be able to cover the center. They're young. But so was TAA. And so was Gomez.

Klopp doesn't like bringing in players who will stop the development of the likes of Gomez, it looks like Lovren will leave in the summer, so I see it more bringing someone in earlier for cover for the run in, who you would have brought in the summer anyway.

CB is a difficult position to bring through a young player, FB like TAA have cover from the CB for their mistakes, if a CB makes a mistake, its likely to end in a goal. Players like Carragher cut their teeth at FB for a season or 2 before becoming CB, Gomez has played allot at FB, so I don't see Hoever or Van Den Berg being replacements for the likes of Lovren in the short term.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Not having adequate cover at CB and allowing Kompany to leave Citeh without replacing him is the reason Citeh have tanked this season. Does Klopp want repeat Citeh’s problems with us next season?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Matip & Gomez are not trustworthy enough to be injury free and the kids just aren’t ready!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
Matip & Gomez are not trustworthy enough to be injury free and the kids just aren’t ready!

Add Lovren to that list as well.

We have been really unlucky that Fab got injured at the same time, as he is the cover for the 4 CB.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion