Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
When Leicester was champions everyone waited every week for them to burst but it never happened so they won. For me it´s better if Man City win.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Definitely a Leicester win. Would finally put city's challenge to bed. If any team is going to beat us to the title this year, it's gonna be city not Leicester.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Going back to the original post.
The draw would be great.

The 2 nearest challengers dropping 2 points each against each other on a weekend where we don't play and we get left with a game in hand?

Most of us would snatch your hand off for that.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Don't want either of these 2 rivals to win, so a draw for me too.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I'm currently inclined to prefer a Man City win. Assuming we win our games until then, that would mean us playing Leicester City on 26/12 with them 11 points behind us. If they beat us the gap would still be 8 points. If we beat them the gap could stretch to 14 points ahead of both. If either of them catch us from that position then we wouldn't deserve to win it anyway.

I might change my mind now. A draw might be best... else a Leicester win?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Last season we drew 7 and lost 1 out of 38 games to accumulate 97 points. We are currently on 49 points after 17 games, drawing 1 and winning 16. We have already amassed more points with 2 games to go until the halfway stage than our record breaking 2nd place finish last season.

Man City have already exhausted their points losses against last season when they won the league with 98 points. They drew 2 and lost 4 games last season and have drew 2 and lost 4 games already after 17 games this season. With Chelsea seemingly falling by the wayside and Leicester dropping points at home v Norwich, Liverpool can afford:

3 losses over Leicester
4 losses over Man City
4 losses and a draw over Chelsea
5 losses and a draw over Spurs

and this is if any of those teams won every one of their games remaining this season! The fact is I don't think even Man City have the capacity to do that based on their wishy washy form of this season.

Our current position is amazingly strong.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Last season we drew 7 and lost 1 out of 38 games to accumulate 97 points. We are currently on 49 points after 17 games, drawing 1 and winning 16. We have already amassed more points with 2 games to go until the halfway stage than our record breaking 2nd place finish last season.

Man City have already exhausted their points losses against last season when they won the league with 98 points. They drew 2 and lost 4 games last season and have drew 2 and lost 4 games already after 17 games this season. With Chelsea seemingly falling by the wayside and Leicester dropping points at home v Norwich, Liverpool can afford:

3 losses over Leicester
4 losses over Man City
4 losses and a draw over Chelsea
5 losses and a draw over Spurs

and this is if any of those teams won every one of their games remaining this season! The fact is I don't think even Man City have the capacity to do that based on their wishy washy form of this season.

Our current position is amazingly strong.

It's ours to lose, but we can still lose it. Let's say VVD gets injured, could change a lot of things.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Man City beat Leicester, so we are still 10 points clear of second place with a game in hand, I was hoping for a draw, but I think this is a better result than Leicester winning as it doesn't close the points lead we have.

Now we need to beat Leicester.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Would of preffered a draw because city scare me to be honest, they are capable of winning all their remaining games. That Leicester game will be like a final now.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Would of preffered a draw because city scare me to be honest, they are capable of winning all their remaining games. That Leicester game will be like a final now.

If City can bridge a 14 points gap then we dine deserve to be champions.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion