KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630146 - 15/12/19 02:53 AM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V WATFORD [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
Absolutely ReDUNKulous...how we've been accused of having been the benefactors of VAR decisions!

On Saturday 2nd November v Aston Villa, Bobby Firmino had a goal scratched off by VAR because of his armpit?

Today v Watford Mane has his goal scratched because of his armpit??? when it's clear as day Capoue's outstretched arm is the furthest piece of skin/hair/dna up the field of play!

So are we to study folks armpits each game and pay no attention to any other parts of a persons' body when making judgement calls on Offsides? Who suddenly decided that armpits have more importance than arms, elbows, wrists and fingers?

The rule is the shoulder which is just above the armpit. You may ask why the shoulder and that's logical as a player is not supposed to use his arm on the pitch, it doesn't count as an active element except for the GK. It's the same rule for everybody and I see no problem with that.

#630153 - 15/12/19 10:54 AM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V WATFORD [Re: Dunk]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
Don't the arms help stabilise the body and give balance?

A player leaning to left can stay in balance by putting an arm out to the right, or he can put a leg out to the left.

The center of gravity could also be a way of measuring the offside - but it would be impossible to sort out.

In my view you should count any part of the body - not just some parts of it.

#630157 - 15/12/19 12:38 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V WATFORD [Re: van Gogh]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By van Gogh
Don't the arms help stabilise the body and give balance?

A player leaning to left can stay in balance by putting an arm out to the right, or he can put a leg out to the left.

The center of gravity could also be a way of measuring the offside - but it would be impossible to sort out.

In my view you should count any part of the body - not just some parts of it.

It doesn't matter as long as it's the same rule for everybody. In any case, I don't think that when a players wants to beat the offside trap he would be watching the hand. It would be simpler if any part of the body was included though.

#630176 - 16/12/19 07:08 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V WATFORD [Re: Dunk]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
Of course it matters.

A team that attacks more and creates more situations will "wrongly" be flagged off more for offsides than others! That's not fair.

The 'same rule idea' for me is that attackers and defenders should be measured by the part of the body that is closest to goal regardless if that is a toe or an arm.

Don't know why they came up with the current idea of counting out the arm.

Anyway - I think this offside rule will be updated for the next season. Hope it gets better then. smile

Edited by van Gogh (16/12/19 07:09 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
April 23 2017
by Pickles
29/09/20 10:55 AM
LIVERPOOL V ARSENAL - MATCH THREAD
by Pickles
29/09/20 10:23 AM
VAR & Handball rule second season in - your views ?
by EnergisedReds
28/09/20 04:54 PM
Lower League Football in danger of ceasing to exist
by EnergisedReds
28/09/20 11:44 AM
Mane been asked to persuade Koulibaly to join!
by RedJohn
27/09/20 08:21 AM

General Discussion
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
26/09/20 07:34 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
26/09/20 06:55 PM
The final end of remoaning
by Stanley Park
24/09/20 12:23 PM
SHOCK REPORT: This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19
by EnergisedReds
05/09/20 06:41 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 56
Pickles 45
ecnirp98 36