Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
For me at the moment Shanks and Paisley are 1 and 2 no question.

Klopps CL win and possible league title this year must put him in 3rd place.

Especially when you consider the resources of our rivals in the modern day.

I reckon Klopp eclipses both JF and KD, those 2 were basically handed ready made teams from Shanks and Paisley, it would be a big like Gerrard succeeding Klopp in 2024, he will have a ready made title winning team handed down to him.

As for Rafa and Houllier, they won trophies but the playing style of both managers is nowhere near the style of Klopp teams.

So at the moment I place Klopp 3rd.

If we win the world club championship, premier league and CL this year, followed by another trophy next season (very likely).

I would probably make him the best manager in the history of our club over Shanks and Bob.

Agree or disagree?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Jaysus Welshie! is this the New Guinness World Book of Records Day for new threads?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I pretty much said what I think about this season in another thread.

Currently it's: 1) Paisley, 2) Shanks (unpopular opinion, and he built the foundation, but I rate Paisley's LFC higher) 3) Dalglish (first time) 3) Rafa 4) Klopp 5) Houllier

But Klopp could retain the champions league this year, win 6 trophies, go unbeaten in the league and win it with the highest points tally in history. If he does that, he moves up to 1, right then and there.

I want to see him do it. I want him to make that history. I want to see this team smash the Achievements that Clough's Forrest, Fergie's United, Wenger's Arsenal, Pep's City have held dear. And I think he just might.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd like us to get over 100 goals, over 100 points and go unbeaten all season. To make that happen I do think we need to escalate Lovren's replacement to January. Klopp must have a list ready of replacements because I can't believe he's expecting one of the kids on their current showings to step up?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Pickles
I'd like us to get over 100 goals, over 100 points and go unbeaten all season. To make that happen I do think we need to escalate Lovren's replacement to January. Klopp must have a list ready of replacements because I can't believe he's expecting one of the kids on their current showings to step up?

Matip's only a couple weeks away, and I don't think Lovren's out for long. Unless something happens to Gomez in the next 2 weeks or so (touch wood) I actually think we may be ok.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles

Whilst that would be nice to see we need to win it first. I would rather win the PL and 2 other trophies rather than break all the records for one and that be the only one we win.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Klopp may well outshine them all, but the evidence to support that wish isn't there at this point in time. Any prediction can't be founded on sufficient evidence, and would therefore be a rush to judgment. It's way too soon to be making predictions let alone judgments. Let's just keep our feet on the ground and take this season game by game, by game, for now.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I rate him similar to Rafa and Houiler a cult hero but not quite yet on the upper echelon, despite not seeing Shankley and Paisley, their contributions speak for themselves so those are top 2 and probably will never be touched.

If Klopp wins the league and breaks our duck he will be regarded much higher no question.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
IMO you cannot compare Klopp yet, the previous managers achieved greatness over time, so lets judge him when he has had a few more seasons at least, but if he delivers the PL in those seasons, I put him up there with Shanks & Bob, as he has had to rebuild from a struggling team losing its biggest stars (Gerrard/Suarez/Sterling), against formidable opposition with far greater resources.

To deliver the PL after 30 years of failure would be a great achievement, but he has also built a squad capable of going on and winning more after the CL, this isn't a flash in the pan team like Rogers had.

He has also motivated them to go onto bigger and greater success after tasting defeat in the CL and losing out in the PL, lots of teams heads could have gone after that, he kept the team together and made them stronger, mentally & physically, to go again and prove themselves.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion