Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Why don't we try parking the bus?

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Lovren Robbo

Milner Hendo Wij Ox

Origi

whistle

Interesting idea, be a nervy 90 minutes, this is going to be a very interesting team/setup Klopp puts out for this game.

We need to keep it solid and pick them off, they need the win, we don't, but we have to be careful, we saw how they scored 3 quick goals at Anfield after being 3-0 down, so we know they will not give up as they have that potential to score goals, similar to us.

If I am not mistaken, they beat Napoli at home, I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game I must admit. They also almost got a draw at Anfield after we were winning 3-0. Would have been more comfortable with a home game, suddenly this is like a final away.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
He is training which is good news, I think it was just a precaution but I think Klopp won't risk him and will go with Gomez.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Liverpool just have to control the game from the start and not let Salzburg get a foothold in it. Our season has been built on a foundation of grinding teams into submission rather than flying out the blocks of previous seasons gone by. If we are disciplined in our possession and passing, Salzburg will eventually wilt and we can wrap the game up and not have to think about the CL until February.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Liverpool just have to control the game from the start and not let Salzburg get a foothold in it. Our season has been built on a foundation of grinding teams into submission rather than flying out the blocks of previous seasons gone by. If we are disciplined in our possession and passing, Salzburg will eventually wilt and we can wrap the game up and not have to think about the CL until February.

In any case we won't have to think about CL at least until Feb

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I know you have your tounge in cheek Mighty, but there's not a chance of Klopp parking the bus, it's not in his DNA! Anyway we couldn't successfully do it even I'd we tried it. Our game and side are built for the fast track, not the grind of bus mechanics, and maintenance, we're the RollsRoyce of the fast lane!

Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
CONFIRMED ...

LIVERPOOL: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

SUBS: Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Jones, Origi.

Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
Three changes with TAA, Wijnaldum and Mane coming in. Keita keeps his place in the side.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
We are a joy to watch at times...but never seem to get going until the last quarter of matches. It does seem to be by design that we press and pass opponents into submission and wear them down.
So far, so good with game management by Klopp but I would like to see us bring in one or 2 new faces in January to freshen the team and keep players on their toes. I think the only way we fail this season is if we get injuries in key areas.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Firmino looked lost out there, he is a brilliant player but too slow at times and if you have opponents hurrying and harassing you, he loses the ball more often than not. Brilliant result and very happy to win the group as it placed us into pot 1 bypassing very difficult opponents for now.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yes we weathered the early storm and they tired in the second half, we could have scored five or six had Salah been in top form, though he played very well. Great to see Keita coming good at exactly the right time, I love how attack minded he is with the ball and without, if he can stay injury free he's going to be brilliant for us. Topped the group, we can't ask any more than that. Well done Klopp and the lads, YNWAaaaaa..

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion