Liverpool Legend
The question is who do you want to win?

For the purposes of debate a draw is not an answer you can give

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
Man city simply cos they winning could mean 3 points gained on Leicester, provided we win our game
We need to put more distance between us and whoever is in 2nd

Last edited by elimmel; 08/12/19 04:00 PM.
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Ok draw not an option so it has to be City! Man City that is.

To show how fragile our lead is consider this.
We lose to Watford and Leicester win v Norwich, gap 5 points.
Leicester win at City whilst we are in sunny Qatar, gap 2 points.
We play Leicester on Boxing Day and lose and we are one point behind with a game in hand.

On the other hand.
We win next week and Leicester win gap still 8. If City win their game gap back to them still 14.
City beat Leicester the week after we are still 8 and 11 ahead respectively.
We beat Leicester and then we are 11 ahead of both with a game in hand.

We could do with Leicester beating Everton in the Carabao Cup to stretch their resources a bit more in January.

Too many ifs and buts but we are in a title race. We are up against 2 teams who have done it recently but I think we have been setting our minds on needing 100 plus points to win it since the end of last season.

Leicester have been brilliant. They are keeping us going. All teams need a proper challenge and we are getting it.

Last edited by AccaBoosty; 08/12/19 04:19 PM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
City are out of it. So city to win. Win all our games inc. Leicester and it is game over for them.

Even if we do lose against Leicester we just need to keep our heads and keep picking up points. Even if we were to lose 3 games between now and the end of the season. Leicester still have to go on a serious run if we kept to form.

The ball is our court now. We'll never get a better chance of finally ending this drought.

Last edited by paul66; 08/12/19 04:36 PM.
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
If you look at their results closely Leicester are not good against the top 6 sides at the moment.
Chelsea drew
Liverpool lost
Wolves drew
Man United lost
Man City ???

Whereas we beat all the other sides with the exception of Man United away. But don't expect Leicester to drop points against anyone else. They are well on course to get more points than the season they won it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The question is who do you want to win?

For the purposes of debate a draw is not an answer you can give

A draw....Ok City then

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I'd rather a Leicester city win.

It's stupid to write off City. If any team is capable of winning 15/16 games in a row it's them. They will have players coming back like Same and Laporte and aguero.

Whereas Leicester are playing at the top of their game. But have lost or dropped points against anyone decent They aren't gonna keep this form.

I'd prefer a draw tho.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I'd rather Leicester win.

Say we stumble in Jan/Feb and in March we are 4 points clear, who do you want to be hunting us down, City or Leicester???

City have proven they can win 20 games on the run, they have the squad to do that, I do not think Leicester can do that, a few key injuries to Madisson/Vardy/Schmeichael etc and they do not have the same quality to replace them.

Leicester are an excellent team, but they won the PL with 81 points(an amazing achievement by them), last year they would have been a distant third place.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I'm currently inclined to prefer a Man City win. Assuming we win our games until then, that would mean us playing Leicester City on 26/12 with them 11 points behind us. If they beat us the gap would still be 8 points. If we beat them the gap could stretch to 14 points ahead of both. If either of them catch us from that position then we wouldn't deserve to win it anyway.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I would prefer a Leicester win I will be much more comfortable when City are out of sight. We can then deal with Leicester which I am far more confident of

Last edited by Stanley Park; 08/12/19 09:03 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion