Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Snakeye #629895 07/12/19 03:14 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Originally Posted By redordead13
I would rather win the club world cup, so I respect Klopp's decision. Trying to go half and half could have seriously blown up.

It all depends if fifa allow us to send players late to Doha, if that's the case, I can see the selfless Milner captaining the team alongside maybe Lallana and Keita and the other youngsters. Of course we all want the club world cup but it would be great to beat Villa also just to send a [oops] you to the organisers for putting us in this situation.

What has the organisers done, Klopp didn't want the game to be played in Jan because of the number of games we'll have?

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
What makes you think Klopp choose the date? Even he admitted in the press conference that the authorities put pressure on the club to play the fixture because the only other date available was a date for a fa cup replay and they couldn't risk another [oops] up if we or Villa had to replay making them look bad. The efl bullied the club into playing not Klopp.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I would rather win the club world cup, so I respect Klopp's decision. Trying to go half and half could have seriously blown up.

I agree, CWC is the priority and Klopp is correct to take the first team squad for that, at least he can rotate them in the 2 games in Qatar, rather than splitting the squad for both competitions and neither set of players getting a rest.

Would be funny if we went on to beat Villa in the Carabao Cup after all this!

Wouldn't that be something? Villa is a good side, but there seems to be some magic for this team. If we managed to progress in both, that would be brilliant.

I don't know if Klopp would agree it would be brilliant if we progressed past Villa!

Snakeye #629900 07/12/19 12:45 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What makes you think Klopp choose the date? Even he admitted in the press conference that the authorities put pressure on the club to play the fixture because the only other date available was a date for a fa cup replay and they couldn't risk another [oops] up if we or Villa had to replay making them look bad. The efl bullied the club into playing not Klopp.

I understood that there was an option in Jan which Klopp was not agreeable to, what else could they have done, this game couldn't be postponed for ever especially with the CL and EL starting. The only other option was to have only one game per semi final, but you cannot modify the rules so late

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 07/12/19 12:46 PM.
ecnirp98 #629902 07/12/19 01:22 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

I agree, CWC is the priority and Klopp is correct to take the first team squad for that, at least he can rotate them in the 2 games in Qatar, rather than splitting the squad for both competitions and neither set of players getting a rest.

Wouldn't that be something? Villa is a good side, but there seems to be some magic for this team. If we managed to progress in both, that would be brilliant.

I don't know if Klopp would agree it would be brilliant if we progressed past Villa!

Well I suspect he wouldn't publicly agree, but I think he'd be just as happy to see the end of this competition at this juncture, we have bigger fish to fry, and this cup is becoming a real distraction.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Well I suspect he wouldn't publicly agree, but I think he'd be just as happy to see the end of this competition at this juncture, we have bigger fish to fry, and this cup is becoming a real distraction.

Yeah, I think that also, I got the feeling the last team V Arsenal was designed to give youth a go and probably not get through as Arsenal would play a strong team, you could see the surprise in Klopps face every time Arsenal got a good 2 goal lead but we came back.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I understood that there was an option in Jan which Klopp was not agreeable to, what else could they have done, this game couldn't be postponed for ever especially with the CL and EL starting. The only other option was to have only one game per semi final, but you cannot modify the rules so late

From what I understand the game just had to be played in December, because there was no free space in January due to the semi finals in the league cup were already set and made the January option impossible.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion