Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Mate of mine is looking forward to getting to under 10k on the season ticket waiting list.

If money was not an issue how big a ground could we fill? 80k? 90k? more?

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Mate of mine is looking forward to getting to under 10k on the season ticket waiting list.

If money was not an issue how big a ground could we fill? 80k? 90k? more?

We are doing well ATM and there is big demand, I remember in the 80's & 90's when you could turn up at Anfield and pay in on the day, so I am not sure how much demand is due to our current success, we certainly have a large core of fans who will turn up whatever.

One thing mentioned in the press is for General Availability tickets to be available in the new extended Anfield Road, are they talking for season tickets or for non-season ticket holders to get a chance?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I would hope it would be split between the two.
I became a member over a year ago. On the two occasions I have gone online to get tickets for each half of the season I have got nowhere near the front of the queue and ended up with nothing.

There used to be a ballot back in the day when membership was free and on the ballot I had a strike rate of about 35 to 40% to get 2 tickets.

Now you pay £35 for a membership and have no guarantee of getting to just one game a season. I am being fleeced.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
This would make us the 3rd biggest stadium in the country, and we haven't had the setbacks Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal, etc. have when it comes to debt or atmosphere. The Emirates and the Olympic stadium feel dead, and aren't the fortresses Highbury or Upton Park were. Spurs and Arsenal incurred massive debts that hampered them in the transfer market, and City never fill their stadium.

The power of Anfield's atmosphere has been massive for us for the past few years, and I would hate to give that up to fill a few more seats.

The owners have gotten stick previously for this, but I think it's been handled well. Watch the Kop be expanded next when safe standing gets legalized. Would love to see it become like Dortmund's yellow wall.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion