Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Atkinson is a twát - how can he listen to Dunk who tells him to blow the wistle without seeing to that our goalie is ready?

But above all: How Sunday League of first Alisson and then Adrián.

In the end Alisson's "save" meant nothing as we conceded anyway.

Now can someone get it over to Klopp that Lallana isn't a central defensive midfielder. So lightweight and totally out of form. He can be of use - we have seen it in this season before - but he is an offensive midfielder. Either play him there or don't play him at all.

We need much more stamina than what Lallana has to offer in the defensive midfield department.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Henderson has to take some blame if he was on the pitch when Alison handled the ball. He is the captain and should be switched on. He should have been watching the ref and the opposition and making sure we had time to get ready. Even if it means going down with cramp or something.

Also, I think that if the free quick isn't taken quickly in the first place and is triggered by the referee's whistle, then surely the referee has to allow reasonable time for the defence to set the wall and get in position.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Atkinson is a twát - how can he listen to Dunk who tells him to blow the wistle without seeing to that our goalie is ready?

But above all: How Sunday League of first Alisson and then Adrián.

In the end Alisson's "save" meant nothing as we conceded anyway.

Now can someone get it over to Klopp that Lallana isn't a central defensive midfielder. So lightweight and totally out of form. He can be of use - we have seen it in this season before - but he is an offensive midfielder. Either play him there or don't play him at all.

We need much more stamina than what Lallana has to offer in the defensive midfield department.

Agree on Lallana, he shouldn't be anywhere near DM, far to lightweight and lacking pace, trying to do Cruyff turns in the middle of the pitch is not a good idea, he is best at threading through balls, so needs to play much further up the pitch.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
We should have been better prepared for the quick free kick, that was just naive, usually you stand someone infront of the ball to stop that, I guess the confusion was with Adrian just coming on and trying to line up the wall.

Atkinson fu again

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Another tight one but another 3 points. 40/42 - unbelievable and we're not even close to top form, especially the front 3.

I'll always fear City more than Leicester but they're not playing well either. Few tough games for them this month too so the gap could be wider in Jan and with us not playing at the Ethiad until later on, there'll be no opportunity for them to gather momentum and they may just focus on the CL.

That trip to Leicester could be THE game now.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I read that Salah through a strop when he got hooked. This is no time for tantrums.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I read that Salah through a strop when he got hooked. This is no time for tantrums.

He did looked p*ssed off when he walked off, but I like that, he should be annoyed at being taken off, but he should also be annoyed with his current form.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Another tight one but another 3 points. 40/42 - unbelievable and we're not even close to top form, especially the front 3.

I'll always fear City more than Leicester but they're not playing well either. Few tough games for them this month too so the gap could be wider in Jan and with us not playing at the Ethiad until later on, there'll be no opportunity for them to gather momentum and they may just focus on the CL.

Yes Red, the Leicester game could well hold the key as you say. I'm delighted with the 3 points today despite being appalled by the performance. Can we expect a top of the range performance at Leicester? Maybe, hopefully, and I feel we'll need it. The loss of Fabinho is likely to be our biggest difficulty though, and unfortunately I see no suitable replacement, unless perhaps reverting to a 4231 formation with a double pivot as a makeshift. That setup would also allow us to use our front three with either Ox or Shaq supporting. Some might say that would restrict our fullbacks bombing forward, but the hat could be a blessing against Leicester.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Originally Posted By Oli
We keep talking about City but they aren't even closest to us.

Probably because, even after having dropped more points today, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if City won every game from now until the end of the season. It would be a huge shock if Leicester or Chelsea did that though.

Having said that, Leicester have won the title recently and have a week to prepare every game. So we shouldn't be complacent. I'd feel comfortable only if/when we have say a 20 point gap to 2nd place whistle even then... I'd still be a little worried! crazy

Brighton had a whole week to prepare for us. Ditto Newcastle v Man City and West Ham at Chelsea.

Playing midweek as we get further into the season makes weekends harder. I am with you on this one. I won't be happy until we are 20 points clear either.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn

Leicester is looking a threat now especially as they are not playing European cups

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion