KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It’s amazing how we can be talking of stuttering when we’re 8 points clear.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
We're talking about performances, not results Wilks. There might be a difference between those 2 you know.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
We're talking about performances, not results Wilks. There might be a difference between those 2 you know.

From his post doesn't look like he watches the game but reads the results, got that feeling a number of times

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

From his post doesn't look like he watches the game but reads the results, got that feeling a number of times

Well no one asked you did they?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

For me we’re a controlled team. We haven’t been the swashbuckling team of the past but that’s serving us well. It might not look like we’re playing well and we haven’t in some games but we’re controlling games and we don’t give up. The fact we get late goals isn’t down to luck. It’s stamina and a brilliant fighting attitude.

Obviously just my opinion from reading the results crazy so I’m sure certain self appointed, arrogant and ignorant of others opinions koptalk experts will tell me different.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Are we not as swashbuckling as we have been before by design or is it because the other teams have adopted plans to stop us playing? I'd say it is a bit of both... but more the latter these days perhaps. i.e. opposition teams might feel that they're controlling the game rather than us. e.g.:

1. Napoli kept us at bay comfortably. They also took the lead.
2. Palace took the lead against us and had decent chances to score more.
3. City game was a totally different pattern.
4. Genk were holding us to 1-1 at half time at home.
5. Villa took the lead against us and it took two very late goals to get the points.
6. Spurs were 1-0 against us for nearly an hour at Anfield.

So when we're consistently conceding the first goal it doesn't feel like we're in control. Yes, we are resilient and have a good mentality such that we stay positive to the end of the game.

Seems to me have issues with the way we defend and also with a lack of variety in our attack. The busy fixture period and the resulting need to rotate players may actually work for us. Let's see - starting this afternoon.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think it’s a bit of both. We definitely tightened up last season. I think with Fab it’s helped but for me we’re more measured in what we do. But you’re right, teams know how we play and some counter that. But the way we keep going and never give up means that we can get results from late goals regardless of how we’re playing.

The defence hasn’t been settled really with Gomez coming back and Matip being injured. Lovren has done ok but it takes a bit of time to get up to speed when you’ve not been playing.

Just how I see it of course and for me there’s no real issues. If this is us playing badly with an 8 point cushion then I’ll take it. December will be very interesting though with all our games that’s for sure.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I agree about the defence being less of a worry esp if we always score more than we concede. However the worry is that we've been 'lucky' on more than one occasion to get the win. It's not as if we're comfortably scoring more than we concede.

Yes, we make our own luck because, as you said, we keep going and never give up. However, as we saw in midweek, lady luck may get tired of rescuing as and may not show up sometimes no matter how much we deserve it. So unless we improve a notch we risk seeing that 8 point gap diminish.

We have a strong team out today. Hopefully it's a crisp, sunny day at Anfield. Great chance for a statement performance and result leading into the derby game.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I think it is more about game management. The Spurs game we were always going to win. Same v City once we went 2-0 up.

The swashbuckling displays are fantastic to watch but the grinding out results and scoring late goals just gives us another way to win.

There have been games where we have gone behind but once we get in front we don't look like being pegged back. If course the later you score the harder it is for your opponents to come back.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I think it is more about game management. The Spurs game we were always going to win. Same v City once we went 2-0 up.

The swashbuckling displays are fantastic to watch but the grinding out results and scoring late goals just gives us another way to win.

There have been games where we have gone behind but once we get in front we don't look like being pegged back. If course the later you score the harder it is for your opponents to come back.

You make it sound like it's all planned! It would have been good if Klopp had let the fans know about this master plan so that we could all relax when watching the games!! smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion